DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nice Add-on for M3 RC Pro Radio - Bracket & Lg 2nd Monitor

Dougcjohn

Reactions
The M3 Smart controller may be nice but I'm more used to having screen above the sticks.
I was curious if this had been addressed yet... which to my surprise there is a nice solution.

The LifThor shop has made a nice bracket to mount to M3 RC Pro Radio to allow the mounting of a Lg Monitor.
The FreeWorld shop has multiple monitors 2200-2600 NIT as examples... multiple other Brands & Models.

To list a few as examples that I'm interested to try:
All FreeWorld can accept Batteries and Wireless Transmission

7" FreeWorld FW279 2200 NIT monitor, did find comments regarding a lower sharpness level... I have no knowledge.

6" LUT6 2600NIT - Another popular unit with a Fan for heat... some argue it's not 2600NIT.... I have no knowledge.

RC Pro Radio mount - 2nd Monitor

FreeWorld Monitor examples:
6" 2600NIT

7" 2200NIT

For the Standard RC-N1:
MavMount & LifThor make nice specialty adapters to hold larger tablets: Tripltek 8", iPads, etc.
This looks like a more stable mount than the plate the fits where the phone normally clamps.

Example of Wireless Transmitters - 1000ft
FreeWorld Wireless Transmitter/Receiver HDMI / SDI

Last edited:
Interesting. How do you power the monitor ?

Reactions: bonzo
Power can be via battery pak on rear (single or dual), battery on belt or elec outlet.
It can take from other source but I doubt the Radio can provide enough.

I took a look at the FreeWorld monitors after I noticed LifThor used them in photo advertising of M3 mount and they sell package deals with mount & 7" LUT7 Monitor.

Since then, I've found them to be pretty good present strong reviews..

I took a look at the FreeWorld monitors after I noticed LifThor used them in photo advertising of M3 mount and they sell package deals with mount & 7" LUT7 Monitor.

The M3 Smart controller may be nice but I'm more used to having screen above the sticks.
I was curious if this had been addressed yet... which to my surprise there is a nice solution.

The LifThor shop has made a nice bracket to mount to M3 RC Pro Radio to allow the mounting of a Lg Monitor.
The FreeWorld shop has multiple monitors 2200-2600 NIT as examples... multiple other Brands & Models.

7" FreeWorld FW279 2200 NIT monitor, did find comments regarding a lower sharpness level... I have no knowledge.

6" LUT6 2600NIT - Another popular unit with a Fan for heat... some argue it's not 2600NIT.... I have no knowledge.

6" 2600NIT

7" 2200NIT

For the Standard RC-N1:
MavMount & LifThor make nice specialty adapters to hold larger tablets: Tripltek 8", iPads, etc.
This looks like a more stable mount than the plate the fits where the phone normally clamps.

I like having a tripod setup for the drone, and so bought thr LifThor kit for the RC Pro and can highly recommend it. The tablet holder option is impressive with a quick release, also nicely done.
It is a lot of coin, but I bit the bullet and also bought the Tripltek 8 Pro.
My reasoning/rationalization is as follows:

Pros:
Larger screen.
Built in battery. Last thing I want is another battery system and charger.
Can use as a tablet in bright sun w/o issues (nice at the pool or beach).
Plenty bright In direct sun at 1200 nits.
Negligible screen lag with a sub $20 small inline-video capture card and a $5 OTG cable. I have not measured it but my guess is lag is less than 100 ms, likely much less.
Extremely long battery life.
Really nice screen (obviously subjective).
Built like a tank.

Cons:
Expensive relative to feelworld products.
Heavyish.
Cannot easily replay Mavic 3 4k and 5.1k. It is not a great playback device for 4k plus resolution. 1080p no problem.

Anyway,
My take is that it is a viable alternative if your budget allows.

6" 2600NIT

7" 2200NIT

For the Standard RC-N1:

Last edited:
I like having a tripod setup for the drone, and so bought thr LifThor kit for the RC Pro and can highly recommend it. The tablet holder option is impressive with a quick release, also nicely done.
It is a lot of coin, but I bit the bullet and also bought the Tripltek 8 Pro.
My reasoning/rationalization is as follows:

Pros:
Larger screen.
Built in battery. Last thing I want is another battery system and charger.
Can use as a tablet in bright sun w/o issues (nice at the pool or beach).
Plenty bright In direct sun at 1200 nits.
Negligible screen lag with a sub $20 small inline-video capture card and a $5 OTG cable. I have not measured it but my guess is lag is less than 100 ms, likely much less.
Extremely long battery life.
Really nice screen (obviously subjective).
Built like a tank.

Cons:
Expensive relative to feelworld products.
Heavyish.
Cannot easily replay Mavic 3 4k and 5.1k. It is not a great playback device for 4k plus resolution. 1080p no problem.

Anyway,
My take is that it is a viable alternative if your budget allows.
Great to hear you like the LifThor mount... it looks a lot less cumbersome than the Autel EVO RC mount I purchased. They're all well thought out and designed. The Quick release looks nice too, plus they have a Tripltek tablet mount Block vs using larger clamp mount.

Totally agree on Tripltek 8, purchased mine shortly after released. Very nice tablet and with the video capture adapter and applet, it plays the role of large 2nd monitor nicely... with a bit a latency lag.

You're correct, the Tripltek has a fantastic battery too! Extremely long life! BTW: The Tripltek aluminum tablet adjustable mount is also awesome, fits about any device. They've stopped advertising them, I purchased 3 more to use on multiple devices.

I'm interested in the FreeWorld LUT7 Monitor, specifically Lut7 Pro 7. It has the extra mount for the wireless transmitter module.

The difference is the FreeWorld isn't a tablet, it's a monitor that adds additional features at a much lighter weight and minimal latency lag using a standard HDMI Cable and provides up to 2200 NITs... double both RCPro & Tripltek screens. Allows zooming / cropping into an area on screen, provides peaking focus, allows additional info on color breakouts and various cinematography features, and if shooting in DLog you can install LUTs (50 max) into monitor to provide a processed view while shooting. Granted, recent FLY App added color assist... but that's still not accurate LUTs. Plus, for my needs... can be used on my Sony A7's too.

Who has these package deals?

Who has these package deals?
LifThor, if you send him a note on his website. I reached out to him yesterday, indicated all the items I was interested: RC Pro mount, Quick Release, LUT7 Monitor, and I added the Tripltek Clamp Mount... the FreeWorld can use the tripod screw mount.

He came back, indicated out of LUT7 til end of February but had the FW279 in stock. Could offer a discounted package on any of his items.

I believe he sales the Tripltek too, in addition to FreeWorld products.
If interested, drop him a email.

Is there any lag using an HDMI monitor?

Is there any lag using an HDMI monitor?
Yes. Depending upon what you are doing, the lag could be an issue. For composition and normal use, it's not a problem. If planning on flying under bridges or through small gaps or very close to objects at high speed, use the main screen on the RC-Pro. They are not mutually exclusive. Use the HDMI monitor for a larger telemetry free image, and the main screen for your telemetry and minimal lag FPV.

I'm interested in the FreeWorld LUT7 Monitor, specifically Lut7 Pro 7. It has the extra mount for the wireless transmitter module.

The difference is the FreeWorld isn't a tablet, it's a monitor that adds additional features at a much lighter weight and minimal latency lag using a standard HDMI Cable and provides up to 2200 NITs... double both RCPro & Tripltek screens. Allows zooming / cropping into an area on screen, provides peaking focus, allows additional info on color breakouts and various cinematography features, and if shooting in DLog you can install LUTs (50 max) into monitor to provide a processed view while shooting. Granted, recent FLY App added color assist... but that's still not accurate LUTs. Plus, for my needs... can be used on my Sony A7's too.
Just be aware that, while the FW LUT7 monitor itself is much lighter weight, by the time you mount the necessary external batteries onto the back side to power it, it becomes very heavy. Alternative is an AC adapter requiring a nearby plugin power source, tethering you to the electrical grid. It still requires the RC-Pro beneath it for the mini HDMI source. The Tripltek comes with a built-in internal battery that isn't removable, and can be used with both the RC-N1 or the RC-Pro.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Just be aware that, while the FW LUT7 monitor itself is much lighter weight, by the time you mount the necessary external batteries onto the back side to power it, it becomes very heavy. Alternative is an AC adapter requiring a nearby plugin power source, tethering you to the electrical grid. It still requires the RC-Pro beneath it for the mini HDMI source. The Tripltek comes with a built-in internal battery that isn't removable, and can be used with both the RC-N1 or the RC-Pro.
Yep, the batteries do add significant weight. You can mount on monitor back or on person... belt, shoulder strap. Not sure tether would be a good solution. Although, I'm not sure the kit outweighs the Tripltek 8"... it's quite hefty.

In comparison to the Tripltek or any Tablet captured & converted with video adapter, the lag from a direct port monitor is minimal.
I haven't personally tested the FW LUT7 with the RC-Pro, so I can't state latency or lag. Based on other similar salve units, I'd assume minimal and near undetectable for most functions.

For a "precise placement" flight situations may be best to pilot on RC-Pro screen if zero lag is required. Other flights may be well suited to 2nd monitor. The gains of 2nd monitor are the additional "on screen" features and 2200 nit.

Similar to a 2 User setup: Pilot & Photographer team, the latency of Photographer's slave monitor isn't enough to impact video timing & capture and that's RF latency lag.

For the majority of cinematic shots, either screen should provide safe flight if not flying extremely close to obstacles.

Tripletek 8 Pro = 1.38 pounds ($795)
Feelworld FW279 + LP-E6 Battery = .96 pounds ($289 w/2 batteries)

Yep, the batteries do add significant weight. You can mount on monitor back or on person... belt, shoulder strap. Not sure tether would be a good solution. Although, I'm not sure the kit outweighs the Tripltek 8"... it's quite hefty.

In comparison to the Tripltek or any Tablet captured & converted with video adapter, the lag from a direct port monitor is minimal.
I haven't personally tested the FW LUT7 with the RC-Pro, so I can't state latency or lag. Based on other similar salve units, I'd assume minimal and near undetectable for most functions.

For a "precise placement" flight situations may be best to pilot on RC-Pro screen if zero lag is required. Other flights may be well suited to 2nd monitor. The gains of 2nd monitor are the additional "on screen" features and 2200 nit.

Similar to a 2 User setup: Pilot & Photographer team, the latency of Photographer's slave monitor isn't enough to impact video timing & capture and that's RF latency lag.

For the majority of cinematic shots, either screen should provide safe flight if not flying extremely close to obstacles.
The HDMI out port also allows removal of all telemetry, if desired, on the secondary monitor.

The HDMI out port also allows removal of all telemetry, if desired, on the secondary monitor.
Yep, very helpful! And I think the Monitor's menu (touch & button) also has ability to select what level of incoming data is displayed so not needed to change RC menus. Multiple features, one I think sounds nice is the ability to quickly crop in on live signal to move focus (view) more on subject than full view... and various focus tools without disrupting main screen.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yep, very helpful! And I think the Monitor's menu (touch & button) also has ability to select what level of incoming data is displayed so not needed to change RC menus. Multiple features, one I think sounds nice is the ability to quickly crop in on live signal to move focus (view) more on subject than full view... and various focus tools without disrupting main screen.
Yes, getting accurate focus is critical, and hard to assess on the small RC-Pro screen, without using focus peaking (obscuring the image with red outlines) or first zooming in to 28x in the telephoto to set focus, before then backing out to the 7x optical for recording or stills. Having a second independent screen is a real benefit. The Freeworld comes with a side mounting swivel bracket that is ideal for tripod mounting next to the pilot holding the RC-Pro, keeping the extra Freeworld weigh off the RC-Pro, with just a tethered mini HDMI cable connecting the two.

Reactions: Dougcjohn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harrisonford