DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nice and stable!

Video post are the very best to make points loud and clear. Looks great,

If you could post how many sats inside the house ?

Phanntomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain Land on the Water.

Seen a few posts of Mini2's wandering when flown indoors so thought I'd try it.
Hovers nice. Now drive it down a hallway and/or from room to room and see if you can keep it down the center and in control. It gets a whole lot different when you start flying through different non-open spaces, even if the vision sensors are working. Use prop guards.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Hovers nice. Now drive it down a hallway and/or from room to room and see if you can keep it down the center and in control. It gets a whole lot different when you start flying through different non-open spaces, even if the vision sensors are working. Use prop guards.
I did and yes, I should have used the prop guards, but no damage after pinging a door frame but still very stable considering 🤣🤣

I did and yes, I should have used the prop guards, but no damage after pinging a door frame but still very stable considering 🤣🤣
What happens in small spaces is that the wind it generates bounces off walls and floors and pushes it around. It takes another level of skill to keep it centered and not drifting into doors and hallway walls (or other stuff). What's really fun is when it loses both vision and GPS and it goes into Atti mode. Just keeping it away from stuff in the Atti mode is a real challenge and a bit scary.

And btw... I had one incident when launching inside that when I applied a bit of left stick it sort of wanted to lift off but didn't, and adding just a bit more sent it rocket-like into the ceiling, then crashing to the floor. Cracked the hull and popped the plastic protective window out of the camera lens. It had a lens hood on at the time which I think protected the gimbal. The hull is *very* fragile as I learned when it simply fell three feet from a table and while it still functioned perfectly the (new) hull was again cracked. As it is very light it is not very robust.

As an old RC aircraft/helicopter pilot for some 60+years, I guess I've flown more ATTI than any other mode. Having GPS and VPS is pure luxury but then I never flew the aircraft indoors!!
As a matter of interest. can one select ATTI mode on the Mini2, just to keep the hand in (outdoors)? The selector only gives N, S and C.

As a matter of interest. can one select ATTI mode on the Mini2, just to keep the hand in (outdoors)?
You asked if it's possible to enable (or force…) the Mini 2 to fly in Atti Mode only and DJI (in its infinite wisdom) does not allow it to be manually enabled. When the Mini 2 is in Atti Mode (weak GPS, low light on visual sensors, etc…), the Firmware places a lot of restriction on how high, how far it will fly, etc… The restrictions are listed in several places in the User Manual…

Before I had my Mini 2, I had a GoolRC S-161, a non-GPS drone. It was a sweet flying little drone that could pass for one of the Mavic Mini Series of drones. The camera says 4K, but I do not believe it, and you cannot fly FPV, there is too much video lapse time and the video sucks…

I paid $30 US for the Drone, Controller, 3-batteries, spare props, and a "hard case." Each battery gave me about 10-minutes flying time. It was all Atti Mode, all the time…

It flew over 150 times (I kept track of the battery charges, so I know…) before one of the motors gave out…

Based on your recent post, I was curious if they are still available and I went on line and looked at eBay and found one that's in the UK…

S161w Mini Pro Drone 4K Camera RC Quadcopter + Storage + Batteries

You need to remember that if you fly a non-GPS drone outside, it will blow around the yard in the breeze. It will never hover in one place, it will require your constant attention, or it will drift into the house, a tree, you neighbor's yard, etc… You can never take your eyes off it and finally, it will never return home…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121