Good effort.
Comments: it’s not a nightime... more like dusk, video is a bit long
But nice flying!

Great Work!!

Good effort.
Comments: it’s not a nightime... more like dusk, video is a bit long
But nice flying!
NIce video!

At this time of the year, it might not get really dark at all there. Like here in Sweden, as you think now sun is down, it comes up already, not getting really "night".

Nice video and good content. The title in the video works but the title you used for this thread doesn't work. It contains NO night time video just a bit of at dusk (just as the sun starts to go down). I enjoyed the video :)

I’m getting a real kick out of the debate of what is considered “night time“ does it have to be completely pitch black to be considered night ?

Reactions: ChuckNorrisUSAF
Nice video and good content. The title in the video works but the title you used for this thread doesn't work. It contains NO night time video just a bit of at dusk (just as the sun starts to go down). I enjoyed the video :)
Sun down in the Lakelse Area on July 13th was short after 22:00, sunrise was around 05:00, combined with (almost) full moon gives a lot of light even at night time.

My mistake. It was around 2100-2230 when I shoe this video. Perhaps sunset would have been better.

My intent here is to showcase my area and not to cause any misunderstanding

Hope you all keep watching. I have more planned

I didn't think it was too long. Can't rush the peaceful beauty of such a place.

Try to avoid the yaw movements that result in sharp visual changes to the scene. Very difficult to do smoothly. Check your drone and gimbal settings to reduce sensitivity.

Reactions: gphinney
I didn't think it was too long. Can't rush the peaceful beauty of such a place.

Try to avoid the yaw movements that result in sharp visual changes to the scene. Very difficult to do smoothly. Check your drone and gimbal settings to reduce sensitivity.

Thanks. These videos are my practice. I have only been doing this since February

Thanks. These videos are my practice. I have only been doing this since February
Make the most of your summer and fly a lot. Work on your cinematic moves. Use the Active Track, POI and other flight modes.

Something I see in nearly all posted drone videos is the jarring effect of yaw movement (rotation around the vertical axis). Resist the temptation to use that left joystick to re-orient. If you're moving off line, just leave it be. Continuing the line always looks better than vertical axis rotation in the middle of a clip. If you have to re-orient, stop or rotate quickly and continue to fly in a straight line. DO NOT make constant adjustments to the Y-axis while filming. It's easy to cut out a quick rotation, but not a series of minor corrections to line.

Using the left joystick properly for sweeping combination camera/gimbal moves takes a lot of practice, a gentle and consistent touch and instinct as to the right moves for the subject/scene. I'm constantly working on perfecting those moves, filming some of the same sequences over and over. I wish I could further decrease the yaw sensitivity than the lowest setting. Check your settings to smooth out your moves.

Last edited:
Make the most of your summer and fly a lot. Work on your cinematic moves. Use the Active Track, POI and other flight modes.

Something I see in nearly all posted drone videos is the jarring effect of yaw movement (rotation around the Y-axis). Resist the temptation to use that left joystick to re-orient. If you're moving off line, just leave it be. Continuing the line always looks better than Y-axis rotation in the middle of a clip. If you have to re-orient, stop or rotate quickly and continue to fly in a straight line. DO NOT make constant adjustments to the Y-axis while filming. It's easy to cut out a quick rotation, but not a series of minor corrections to line.

Using the left joystick properly for sweeping combination camera/gimbal moves takes a lot of practice, a gentle and consistent touch and instinct as to the right moves for the subject/scene. I'm constantly working on perfecting those moves, filming some of the same sequences over and over. I wish I could further decrease the yaw sensitivity than the lowest setting. Check your settings to smooth out your moves.

Thanks for the tips.

I would much rather learn to perfect my stick movements then rely solely on the autopilot but I will give it a go thanks

Reactions: Jet skier
I’m getting a real kick out of the debate of what is considered “night time“ does it have to be completely pitch black to be considered night ?
"Night" for drones in the U.S. Is 30 minutes after official sunset to 30 minutes before official sunrise.

macfawlty said:

"Something I see in nearly all posted drone videos is the jarring effect of yaw movement (rotation around the Y-axis). Resist the temptation to use that left joystick to re-orient. If you're moving off line, just leave it be. Continuing the line always looks better than Y-axis rotation in the middle of a clip."

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't yaw movement be around the Z-axis? In my world the long axis (fuselage) of the aircraft would be the Y-axis. The "wings" would be the X-axis and the Z-axis is a vertical vector through the aircraft. Here are a couple of illustrations:

drone_axis1.JPGdrone_axis2.JPG

macfawlty said:

"Something I see in nearly all posted drone videos is the jarring effect of yaw movement (rotation around the Y-axis). Resist the temptation to use that left joystick to re-orient. If you're moving off line, just leave it be. Continuing the line always looks better than Y-axis rotation in the middle of a clip."

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't yaw movement be around the Z-axis? In my world the long axis (fuselage) of the aircraft would be the Y-axis. The "wings" would be the X-axis and the Z-axis is a vertical vector through the aircraft. Here are a couple of illustrations:

View attachment 77636View attachment 77637

Ya know... you're absolutely correct. Rotation around the vertical axis is indeed yaw, but aeronautically that is the z-axis. 25 years of graphic design and 3D animation has my mind oriented to 3D space where the z-axis is perpendicular to the screen (monitor). Now I gotta go correct all of my posts with the wrong axes. Thanks for pointing out the aeronautically obvious!

Thanks for the tips.

I would much rather learn to perfect my stick movements then rely solely on the autopilot but I will give it a go thanks
I'm with you there. I don't use the flight modes as much, except when it's the only way to do it right. It's impossible to do a POI by feel.

Ya know... you're absolutely correct. Rotation around the vertical axis is indeed yaw, but aeronautically that is the z-axis. 25 years of graphic design and 3D animation has my mind oriented to 3D space where the z-axis is perpendicular to the screen (monitor). Now I gotta go correct all of my posts with the wrong axes. Thanks for pointing out the aeronautically obvious!
No worries mate...for the past 30 years I've been using 3D ellipses for mineral deposit estimation...about as far from drones and aviation as you can get. I still use a desktop device I made from PVC pipes welded into three axes to orient myself and even then I get confused!

Reactions: geevee

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser