DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Flying

lramdial

Reactions
Can anyone share their best settings for outdoor night flying please?
What should be off as opposed to what should be on and anything that works for night flying.
Thanks folks...

Reactions: Chris.K
I've experimented with loads of settings, and have finally settled on just switching everything to auto at night, as that seems to work best on mine.

If shooting images then use RAW and full manual.
Set ISO at 100 and adjust shutter speed to get the exposure you desire. Sometimes this can be as long as 2 seconds.
I haven't recorded any video at night with the Mavic yet, so cannot offer any guidance there.

Reactions: lramdial
That's pretty blurry.

But considering it's taken from a drone with a 2 second exposure it's pretty impressive.

That's pretty blurry.

But considering it's taken from a drone with a 2 second exposure it's pretty impressive.
When you view the original it's actually far better. I hate all the additional compression when you upload images. FB is the worst for destroying image quality.

When you view the original it's actually far better. I hate all the additional compression when you upload images. FB is the worst for destroying image quality.

I'm sure the quality and colour separation is better, but that camera shake (check out the lettering on the boat) won't be improved.

Like I said, it's impressive that the image isn't just a wash of coloured lines, but it ain't ever going to be a tripod.

i wonder if iso400 and 0.5 second would have been a better option, would be worthwhile doing some testing of that with the small sensor. the fact you can get an image that good with a drone in the **** air for 2s is mindblowing. i cant get a handheld image that good with my d810 @ 2s..

i wonder if iso400 and 0.5 second would have been a better option, would be worthwhile doing some testing of that with the small sensor. the fact you can get an image that good with a drone in the **** air for 2s is mindblowing. i cant get a handheld image that good with my d810 @ 2s..

Olympus 5 axis body stabilisation will almost allow for a 2 second exposure. You wouldn't ever get half a second out of a Nikanon.

yeah i have an EM1 aswell and id be lucky to get away with 2s. 5 stops is the most i can get out of it on a 28mm lens like the mavic, about 1/2s for tack sharp. 2s would be about as good as above if im super careful.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Amazing IBIS with that system.

I really miss that and the live view long-exposure since I moved over to Fuji.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580