DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

night flying

jerryaser

Reactions
can anyone recomend some video/camera settings for some night time flying....i can never get clear shots

2.7K - 30FPS Shutter Speed 60. ISO no higher than 800. What do you mean by clear shots? I was uber impressed the first night flight I ever did. I actually licensed the footage!

2.7K - 30FPS Shutter Speed 60. ISO no higher than 800. What do you mean by clear shots? I was uber impressed the first night flight I ever did. I actually licensed the footage!
So if I want to use 1080P should the FPS be 30, shutter speed 60 and ISO lower than 800 as well?

here's my question - i've been looking into this the past couple of days. for any night flight at all you have to have your pt. 107 & even then you have to have a FAA waiver if flying beyond civil twilight. flying in civil twilight requires a light visible for 3 miles.

i'm wondering about placement of that light(s) so as to not cause light pollution in my video/photo. i'm thinking top and//or bottom of the MP.

here's my question - i've been looking into this the past couple of days. for any night flight at all you have to have your pt. 107 & even then you have to have a FAA waiver if flying beyond civil twilight. flying in civil twilight requires a light visible for 3 miles.

i'm wondering about placement of that light(s) so as to not cause light pollution in my video/photo. i'm thinking top and//or bottom of the MP.

Where did you come up with this that a hobbyist can’t fly at night? Did that recently change

someone should do more reading before posting

ok - i can admit when i'm wrong - as a hobbyist i CAN fly at night - within VLOS - flying under 107 you cannot without a waiver. that said - this makes absolutely no sense to me. someone who trains and follows the rules can't - but any moron who walks into a best buy CAN. no offense intended.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121