DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Flying

Anyone here like to fly at night? Thought about giving it a try.

I went out tonight, started at dusk then stayed in the air until my 3rd battery run low.

Loved it but it takes so much more concentration, knowing the area, obstacles etc. I don’t fly to far so for me there’s no need for additional led lighting, what I have on my drone is more than adequate. I have VLOS all times.

I like flying at night I live in the desert so not a lot of obstacles to worry about and I can see Dasher much better at night. Thing is theres not a lot to photo graph around here at night. Some house lights and the highway cars but thats about it. Might have to take a road trip at night to the city and see what I can do there.

Just be careful of "invisible" power lines and such. Set a relatively high RTH altitude so as to minimize the chances of it clipping said wires in the event the RTH function is invoked. If flying home manually (which I always recommend), climb to a high altitude until it is overhead, then descend to the landing point.

Forgot to say, it’s great when the landing light comes on as you’re taking off and landing, looks the nuts;)

Edit, make sure you are legal to fly at night, very importantThumbswayup

Last edited:
Also, I have my C1 button configured to turn off and on the landing LED lights. It's fun to be able to control the light—especially when it's high up and far away! [emoji363]

Will ya settle for cows.........IR pic. Please don't call me a liar as you can see there are wild hog run out of a oat field with a Mavic pro 2 zoom.Before sundown. But it is going to be fun with the Mavic 2 enterprise dual when I do......Ya should should of keep your mouth shut.

Attachments

• DJI_0094.JPG
    DJI_0094.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 314
  • DJI_0242.JPG
    DJI_0242.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 320
  • DJI_0244.jpg
    DJI_0244.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 305
I love night or near night flying
9b09771a73b9765de6832e66dcf7f8a5.jpg