Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Shots (with some post processing)

Mavic90701

Reactions
Looking for any feedback. Thanks!

South_Street_at_Night.jpg

Artesia_Park_at_Night.jpg

Looks great, what program & processing did you use on the images and what settings for the Mavic?

Thanks! Used AEB(5) RAW to grab a set of shots and Photoshop CS5 for editing.

For the picture of the street I just picked the one image that I thought looked closest to what I wanted, pulled it in, made minor adjustments to the exposure and noise, added a slight vignette to calm down the corners of the sky and called it done.

For the park, I ran an HDR import on all 5 images, adjusted the gamma and contrast, smoothed out the noise and stepped the curve until I got to where I wanted.

Me nitpicking:

The foothills in the park image are a little blocky for my taste. If I were to change anything, I would go back and manually smooth those out. I feel like the ones poking through the smog in the street image turned out well.

And in the street picture there are a few moving cars with blurred headlights. Since this is not supposed to be a long exposure, I would also go back and manually edit out the streaks.

Looks good! The only negative I noticed (but it's being picky) is that the horizon looks slightly out of level?

Looks good! The only negative I noticed (but it's being picky) is that the horizon looks slightly out of level?

Somehow I missed your note. Sorry about that. And you're right. I went and looked last night and my gimbal was rotated 1° for some reason. Fixed on the Mavic now and will correct those images in Ps.

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929