DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Tranquility

ThreeGs

Reactions
As stated in the video description, I wanted to shoot some longish exposure stills but I had trouble getting the settings I wanted. Got some fun night video though.
TIL: tap focusing at night is frustrating.

Reactions: Jixxer
As stated in the video description, I wanted to shoot some longish exposure stills but I had trouble getting the settings I wanted. Got some fun night video though.
TIL: tap focusing at night is frustrating.

Not that I'm going to turn you in, but it is also illegal as hell. In fact, I just ordered some mini strobes so I can fly legally at night.

Reactions: Cookedinlh
Not that I'm going to turn you in, but it is also illegal as ****. In fact, I just ordered some mini strobes so I can fly legally at night.
Where did you find the mini strobes . . I've got a pair for my P4 but not sure what I can use for the Mavic . . suggestions?

Had to hunt around to find these. They're completely self-contained and rechargeable. For 30 bucks, I figured I would try a couple.
Drone UAS UAV Quadcopter LED Strobe Light

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
EXCELLENT! . . . will get 1 or 2. . . I bought this pair on Amazon . .only $6.95 . . all I could find after fair bit of searching, that was not too bulky or heavy for the P4 . . .Your pick looks MUCH better . . . thanks

61xHn2627XL._SX425_.jpg

That's the style strobe I have on my Mavic. Very visible at roughly half a mile away.

The last breakdown of amateur rules that I read didn't say anything against night flights.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Could you elaborate on what settings for the long exposure was hard to achieve and what made it difficult?

That's the style strobe I have on my Mavic. Very visible at roughly half a mile away.

The last breakdown of amateur rules that I read didn't say anything against night flights.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Don't know where you are but here in Canada it's not allowed during "Astronomical night" . . .ie after 30 min after sunset and not before 30 min before sunrise . .

Could you elaborate on what settings for the long exposure was hard to achieve and what made it difficult?

I haven't had much experience with still shooting in DJI Go so I wasn't well versed in the settings menu. I found the ISO and shutter speed settings but I couldn't dial the shutter speed down past what looked like 1/100th of a second. When it wasn't available right away I started getting nervous and my camera view was completely black. Had to fly back blind and with the map only.
I'm chalking it up to inexperience and nerves. :)

Last edited:
EXCELLENT! . . . will get 1 or 2. . . I bought this pair on Amazon . .only $6.95 . . all I could find after fair bit of searching, that was not too bulky or heavy for the P4 . . .Your pick looks MUCH better . . . thanks

61xHn2627XL._SX425_.jpg
Yepper, I think I'll put one on the top rear end of the Mavic and perhaps on near the rear on the back, have to play around with night flight and see what flashes don't interfere with the camera. I'll probably use them during the day, as well, because I do live within 5 miles of a GA airport, but I have an open authorization to fly in the area as long as I stay below 400'AGL and away from the approach and departure ends of the runway.

Yeah, but I have a commercial UAV license and am a private pilot... Then it's permitted, BUT you have to have to have lighting like that for it to be approved under part 107 FAA regs. :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike