DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No.1 ESC error

ezrider

Reactions
Hello, my Mavic was crashed into a lake and remained under water for four days before I was able to retrieve it. I let it dry for a couple of days and tried to start it up. The mavic starts right up but I now get a "No.1 ESC error" message on my remote. The front right propeller does not move on startup but the black, white and gray wires seem well connected to the board and the motor does not seem damaged from impact. Does anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this issue? I like to make my own repairs so I would like to avoid sending it to DJI.

Check with @Thunderdrones. Sounds like you might need a main board, since I don't think the ESCs are separate.

Thank you @Robert Mitchell for the mention.

While the Mavic has redundant IMU's and compasses, it does not have redundant speed controls.You might need to replace your Flight Controller Electronic Speed Control board which will require 12 normal sized solders, and 4 micro solders for the front LED's. You mentioned that you were handy, so this might be a good job for you, as long as you have a soldering iron that can get up to 850° at the tip.

I sell new and used FC ESC boards. PM me if interested.

Thanks for the replies.
I like to make repairs myself but soldering is an art that I have not mastered yet.
How much does a FC ESC board cost (new or used)?
Also, what would it cost to have you do it?

Thanks

@ezrider I do have the same problem, instead off "NO.1 Esc error" - it's "NO.3 Esc error"... almost same story.
But let me hear your experience, how did it end up?

Did you replace the ESC board yourself, and everything was perfect or?

In my case, I'm afraid, it could be both, The ESC board, and motor no.3
But let me hear, hopefully you got your bird flying again.

;-)

It's more likely motor/arm issue rather than ESC board. You get the same error if you cut one of the motor wires.

@CyberNate yes, you could be right on that! - and what I hear, from different sides...is one of the option, as you describe here. others, talking about the ESC board.
In this case, I really want to hear @ezrider experience....and how this thread ended up?

- I mean, it's actually the same failure description...and before I order some parts, or "digging in to my bird"...

@ezrider - if you see my "call", let me hear!

Best...and thanks @CyberNate!

@CyberNate yes, you could be right on that! - and what I hear, from different sides...is one of the option, as you describe here. others, talking about the ESC board.
In this case, I really want to hear @ezrider experience....and how this thread ended up?

- I mean, it's actually the same failure description...and before I order some parts, or "digging in to my bird"...

@ezrider - if you see my "call", let me hear!

Best...and thanks @CyberNate!

I'd bet on it. I've yet to hear of anyone having a real ESC failure unless there is physical damage to the board. I did have a complete ESC board failure as a result of board cracking down the middle, but at that point mavic wouldn't finish start sequence. If you see ESC #1 error, it is generally the arm wiring or motor. The one that doesn't move during initialization is the bad one. Just replace the entire arm which comes with motor (and antenna if front arm). You just solder it onto the ESC board. Not that bad. I've done it MANY times.

Do all the other motors turn when you start it up? Are you getting any other error messages? Water immersion is the enemy of every drone, salt water worse then fresh water.

I like to make repairs myself but soldering is an art that I have not mastered yet

I do not recommend replacing the front arm yourself if you dont feel comfortable with soldering. It requires 3 medium solders and 2 microsolders, and if you aren't careful, you could easily splatter solder on to adjoining components and could very easily short something out.

I sent you a PM.

Ohh..okay, thanks for the advise @Thunderdrones, and @CyberNate.

@ezrider... good to hear, I will try your solution, order a ESC Board and make a replacement on that.
The solder job, is... easy in my situation, it was more to pinpoint the correct procedure from the beginning.
THX!

To thoose who might get same troubles/issues..
it was the ESC board, and I replaced it smoothly..(see pic.2, circuit board/downside, burned chip)

Did the calibration stuff, firmware update..
And all good!

Thanks for the advices.

Attachments

• 53A4EDD6-2C72-42F5-A4EC-C23862552C8B.jpeg
    53A4EDD6-2C72-42F5-A4EC-C23862552C8B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 174
  • 856E906B-8F52-445D-9EF8-8726F0024C70.jpeg
    856E906B-8F52-445D-9EF8-8726F0024C70.jpeg
    627 KB · Views: 176
  • 0B719F70-7F32-4804-A275-84FAB1644CA8.png
    0B719F70-7F32-4804-A275-84FAB1644CA8.png
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 04788457-A5EB-495F-B214-27B403C4E963.png
    04788457-A5EB-495F-B214-27B403C4E963.png
    1 MB · Views: 152
Well, more or less the same story over here.
My Mavic was in sweetwater for some 30 minutes. After drying it tells me ESC no. 2 Error.
What I did is swap the wires of motor 1 and motor 2. Now motor 2 moves on firing up and motor 1 does not. I think this means that all motors are fine and indeed ESC no. 2 died. Now I want to start with renewing the 6 MOSFET's of ESC no. 2 on the bottompart of the board.
But no description on them!
Anyone can help me with the type of mosfet?

Same here...there is a way to know if it’s the esc or the motor before buying? (And without moving wire 1 on 2 position)

Ok.. today I tested the n*1 motor and it seems to be fine, so I ordered a new esc board. I hope it will arrive soon. Any clue to make the fix?
I searched around the web and I did not found any info about the esc board substitution.
I plan to do:
-Desoldering all the motor and leds wire from the old board
-unscrew the old one and screw the new board(with powerboard and compass)
-soldering all back again
-Check the firmware

That’s correct?

It's more likely motor/arm issue rather than ESC board. You get the same error if you cut one of the motor wires.

I have this issue. My drone's rear left arm wass damaged in a accident and while replacing the same I cut the wire and joined connections for the new arm but when I started it the console says ESC 3 4 error. Can someone tell me or help me with this.. This is kind of urgent as all other things are working fine except the rear limbs dont rotate on self test and ESC 3 4 error comes on my screen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa