DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No antennas on rc and no android

shb

Reactions
I just bought a mavic 3 pro fly more combo. The rc has no antennas on it. Is this the latest smart controller? And how to I get to android to run other programs, it just boots to fly. Thanks

I just bought a mavic 3 pro fly more combo. The rc has no antennas on it. Is this the latest smart controller? And how to I get to android to run other programs, it just boots to fly. Thanks
You need to get the combo with the RC Pro, or order it separately to have those features. The DJI RC is a very stripped down RC Pro, which has external antennas, 4x the power output, a mini HDMI out port, lots of extra user programmable buttons, and 1000 nits.

I can't change what I got. I didn't know there were choices and I'm in Thailand on vacation, so I had to make basically an emergency purchase with very limited choice. So will be I be able to run other android programs on this stripped down model? I assume the range would be the same, right. I didn't even want the fly more combo, but I had no choice because that's all the stores here sell. I'll still be using my RC-N1 because I like using a tablet. But thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I can't change what I got. I didn't know there were choices and I'm in Thailand on vacation, so I had to make basically an emergency purchase with very limited choice. So will be I be able to run other android programs on this stripped down model? I assume the range would be the same, right. I didn't even want the fly more combo, but I had no choice because that's all the stores here sell. I'll still be using my RC-N1 because I like using a tablet. But thanks for the info.
No ability to run other Android programs on the DJI RC. Your RC-N1 will still work with it. You can always sell off the DJI RC later. It retails for $309. Range of RC-N1 under ideal circumstances is supposed to be the same as the RC Pro, but at 1/4 the power, in real life, the RC Pro will be far better, but unnecessary, if you are willing to give up the missing zoom dial on the RC-N1 if you only shoot stills and don't need a digital zoom, or ever intend to use the 1x-28x digital Explore Mode.

No ability to run other Android programs on the DJI RC. Your RC-N1 will still work with it. You can always sell off the DJI RC later. It retails for $309. Range of RC-N1 under ideal circumstances is supposed to be the same as the RC Pro, but at 1/4 the power, in real life, the RC Pro will be far better, but unnecessary, if you are willing to give up the missing zoom dial on the RC-N1 if you only shoot stills and don't need a digital zoom, or ever intend to use the 1x-28x digital Explore Mode.
I use the explorer mode all the time changing the zoom with the app. No need for a dial to do that. I was just working on some waypoint missions, and it seems with the 3 cameras, there should be more camera control setting in the waypoints.

I use the explorer mode all the time changing the zoom with the app. No need for a dial to do that. I was just working on some waypoint missions, and it seems with the 3 cameras, there should be more camera control setting in the waypoints.
Well, for any cinematic video control, both hands simultaneously are necessary on the sticks, and zooming with the app requires touching the screen, removing a hand from the stick controls. Pinching in the screen also cannot replicate the smoothness of a speed controlled zoom dial for precision. However, if it works for you for your purposes, more power to you!

I don't have a Mavic 3 Pro yet, but additional camera control settings with 3 cameras for Waypoints are always welcome. If not there yet, they can be expanded with future app/FW updates. What camera control settings exist currently, and which ones would you like to see?

Well, for any cinematic video control, both hands simultaneously are necessary on the sticks, and zooming with the app requires touching the screen, removing a hand from the stick controls. Pinching in the screen also cannot replicate the smoothness of a speed controlled zoom dial for precision. However, if it works for you for your purposes, more power to you!

I don't have a Mavic 3 Pro yet, but additional camera control settings with 3 cameras for Waypoints are always welcome. If not there yet, they can be expanded with future app/FW updates. What camera control settings exist currently, and which ones would you like to see?
I don't make any cinematic videos with the zoom, which doesn't even exist. I mainly use the zoom for shooting girls, and things I don't want to get too close to, like airport runways.
Right now the only waypoint zooming is 1x to 3x. You can't go into the 7x at all at a waypoint. Personally, I'm not sure it comes out of 2x or 3x when it is supposed to.
I would like to be able to change zoom to anything at waypoint, like 1x to 28x, but don't really need 28x. Maybe just to 14x.

I don't make any cinematic videos with the zoom, which doesn't even exist. I mainly use the zoom for shooting girls, and things I don't want to get too close to, like airport runways.
Right now the only waypoint zooming is 1x to 3x. You can't go into the 7x at all at a waypoint. Personally, I'm not sure it comes out of 2x or 3x when it is supposed to.
I would like to be able to change zoom to anything at waypoint, like 1x to 28x, but don't really need 28x. Maybe just to 14x.
Now I remember you! Girl watching definitely doesn't need cinematic control! All zooming is of course digital. The change between 1x and 3x and 7x is always optical. I'm surprised the 7x camera is an unavailable selection at Waypoints. Maybe it is too much magnification and would only reveal how inaccurate the waypoints are in terms of precision and accuracy.

Nevertheless, your stuff should all be live, and the Waypoints would only facilitate your getting to your hotspots faster, where you can end the mission and take over manually. You really don't want to automate your Exploration process. Search, identify, and zoom in, or fly closer!

Now I remember you! Girl watching definitely doesn't need cinematic control! All zooming is of course digital. The change between 1x and 3x and 7x is always optical. I'm surprised the 7x camera is an unavailable selection at Waypoints. Maybe it is too much magnification and would only reveal how inaccurate the waypoints are in terms of precision and accuracy.

Nevertheless, your stuff should all be live, and the Waypoints would only facilitate your getting to your hotspots faster, where you can end the mission and take over manually. You really don't want to automate your Exploration process. Search, identify, and zoom in, or fly closer!
Number 1, the 3x on the mavic 3 is digital. Maybe on the mavic 3 pro it's optical. You have to remember, most the waypoint missions I fly are out of signal range. So I can't take over manually and zoom.

Number 1, the 3x on the mavic 3 is digital. Maybe on the mavic 3 pro it's optical. You have to remember, most the waypoint missions I fly are out of signal range. So I can't take over manually and zoom.
I'm completely confused. You are posting in the new Mavic 3 Pro thread, and stated, "I just bought a mavic 3 pro fly more combo."

The Mavic 3 Pro has a 3x 70mm third camera. I also wasn't aware that you were flying out of signal range where you can’t linger and enjoy the fruits of your labor! Sounds like you really need the Mavic 3 Pro and the RC Pro for the superior signal range, better 7x camera, and where you can fly everything manually, and use Explore to find the best subjects for the optical telephoto lenses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU