DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No .dat files

From the Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

"In some cases, for reasons not fully explained but possibly mobile-device hardware related, and most often under Android, DAT files are not created and that folder is empty. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app sometimes fixes that. One user also found that the process required manual deletion of the app folder (apparently not deleted automatically in the uninstall process) before reinstalling the app."

Reactions: Gindra and clackey
Thank you. I read somewhere that IOS has to be told to allow access to these dat files, but for the life of me I can’t find it.

Thank you. I read somewhere that IOS has to be told to allow access to these dat files, but for the life of me I can’t find it.

Allow access to the user, or to the app? The user has default access to all app directories, and the app already has access to files in its own directory, so I'm not sure why any further privileges should be necessary. I've certainly never had to grant access.

Yes many times. So the only try is delete and reload ? Hell I’ll give it a try. Seems odd its the same on phone and ipad.

Yes many times. So the only try is delete and reload ? Hell I’ll give it a try. Seems odd its the same on phone and ipad.

So the MCDatFlightRecords folder is empty, or doesn't exist? Are the txt logs being created? Which Mavic model is this?

Its empty Mini Txt is fine

That seems to be a relatively common issue with the Mini. I haven't seen an explanation or a fix yet. Are you on the latest firmware and app versions, and do you have the DJI GO 4 app on your devices too, or just the Fly app?

That seems to be a relatively common issue with the Mini. I haven't seen an explanation or a fix yet. Are you on the latest firmware and app versions, and do you have the DJI GO 4 app on your devices too, or just the Fly app?
Yes 1.06 only Fly
Thanks

OK, this is strange for me.

I have owned a number of M2P and for two of them, I could get .DAT file for one but not the other. Both crafts have firmware version 510 and use regular controller + iphone + DJI GO4.

I have sold one of them and today I just found that the flight records in DJI GO4 has got the .DAT file for the sold M2P but none for the M2P in hand. The .txt files are there for both crafts though.

Are there anything I should try to get the .DAT files recorded for the M2P in hand ? Not sure if this is relevant but I have got DJI GO mod app ( base on v24 ) and DJI FLY installed in the same iphone. From iTune, I can see that the files for each app are seperately stored. Futhermore I always make sure that only one DJI app is running and the others are all killed in advance.

OK, this is strange for me.

I have owned a number of M2P and for two of them, I could get .DAT file for one but not the other. Both crafts have firmware version 510 and use regular controller + iphone + DJI GO4.

I have sold one of them and today I just found that the flight records in DJI GO4 has got the .DAT file for the sold M2P but none for the M2P in hand. The .txt files are there for both crafts though.

Are there anything I should try to get the .DAT files recorded for the M2P in hand ? Not sure if this is relevant but I have got DJI GO mod app ( base on v24 ) and DJI FLY installed in the same iphone. From iTune, I can see that the files for each app are seperately stored. Futhermore I always make sure that only one DJI app is running and the others are all killed in advance.
Can't say anything about this for GO4 ... but if you own a Mini can you try the theory about syncing to DJI servers deletes the DAT.

Stop autosync, generate DAT either by just power on AC for a short while or fly for real ... power off & check if you've got a DAT. Then sync to DJI & check if DAT still is there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb