DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

no fly zone do not takoff

Sterk

Reactions
I'm not sure of the actual warning but I'm confused with a Mavic2pro and hope I'm not in the wrong section but new to the forum.
SO I don't know why DJI is not aligned with AIRMAP or Kittyhawk as it displays a different no fly zone. I was flying at a park I have flown RC aircraft and the max altitude is 100ft. I signed in with my AIRMAP and got authorization and then tried to launch my drone and I get this DO Not Fly or something, so I cannot takeoff! Yes I know I'm in the control zone but under it so why does DJI have a different software? Yes I can see the circle on the map but that does not mean the whole circle is no fly! I go home which is still under the Controlled airspace and get a red warning or ok to fly but your in some zone, I'm sorry I forget the wording but in this area I can go up to 200ft, yet DJI does not want me to fly so I don't launch. OK a couple of days later I go to my flying club which I don't have to use AIRMAP and I have authorization up to 1400ft. Ok I know I'm only flying the drone under 400 feet, and I never get over 200 feet. So on the second flight I get this is it GEO zone warning, and yes I have the map and yes I can see I'm outside the controlled area and yes I'm under the altitude cause airplanes can arrive close to the field but above any altitude we can fly at.

My question I was sure that's what this DJI GO4 app was for and it with the map could show where your ok to fly with or without any authorization but they have two different ideas of what's going on. I would like to fly at my house and the local park but not sure how to get around it wand I should not have to get around it with the DJI software..

Any info or comments or how others have this issue or what do they go by. DJI or apps like AIRMAP

Again sorry if this was to go under Maviv2pro or this thread.

Sterk03

I'm not sure of the actual warning but I'm confused with a Mavic2pro and hope I'm not in the wrong section but new to the forum.
SO I don't know why DJI is not aligned with AIRMAP or Kittyhawk as it displays a different no fly zone. I was flying at a park I have flown RC aircraft and the max altitude is 100ft. I signed in with my AIRMAP and got authorization and then tried to launch my drone and I get this DO Not Fly or something, so I cannot takeoff! Yes I know I'm in the control zone but under it so why does DJI have a different software? Yes I can see the circle on the map but that does not mean the whole circle is no fly! I go home which is still under the Controlled airspace and get a red warning or ok to fly but your in some zone, I'm sorry I forget the wording but in this area I can go up to 200ft, yet DJI does not want me to fly so I don't launch. OK a couple of days later I go to my flying club which I don't have to use AIRMAP and I have authorization up to 1400ft. Ok I know I'm only flying the drone under 400 feet, and I never get over 200 feet. So on the second flight I get this is it GEO zone warning, and yes I have the map and yes I can see I'm outside the controlled area and yes I'm under the altitude cause airplanes can arrive close to the field but above any altitude we can fly at.

My question I was sure that's what this DJI GO4 app was for and it with the map could show where your ok to fly with or without any authorization but they have two different ideas of what's going on. I would like to fly at my house and the local park but not sure how to get around it wand I should not have to get around it with the DJI software..

Any info or comments or how others have this issue or what do they go by. DJI or apps like AIRMAP

Sterk03
You bring up a good topic and one that most of the pilots just take for granted that DJI should even have control of their drones ability to fly at any altitude. I have no idea why DJI thinks they should be the drone police or try to enforce the FAA rules as DJI has no authority over air space in any country. I had the same issue a couple days ago with a LAANC authorization but DJI refused to unlock air space except 197 feet when I was flying a building at 460 feet high. They only unlocked my controller after three hours past my flight schedule. DJI has no authority, no permission, and does not work for the FAA who is the only authority to control air space in the USA! If I bought a car with 160 mph on the speedometer the car company expects me to obey the speed limit law, not control the car. When you rent a plane to fly, are you limited by the renting company of how high you can fly? DJI has a stupid policy and is not in step with most other manufactures which allow you to decide on the flight and lets you conform to the FAA rules without forcing them down your throat and making flying miserable. Good Luck

Reactions: ResistanceFlyer
I'm also trying to get an answer as I was trying to fly Mavic at a field I fly Rc airplanes and it's authorized to 100feet, but the Drone was a NO FLY so it met FAA standards but I guess DJI. SO went home and I'm still in controlled airspace but the limit is 200ft and it allowed me to fly but gave multi warnings of GEO yet again FAA says go ahead and fly under 200ft. Still looking for answers.

Sterk, yep and the problem is that not enough drone pilots want to even bring this to DJI's attention. I have filed a FAA complaint and contacted my congressman about the restriction of air space. I also forwarded DJI's continued lie that they only do this to "help the customer" I find no help in restricting air space that the FAA says I can use. I do not need DJI's authorization to fly. It seems as though there may be a link between money from the USA Government and DJI for the reason no one wants to address this in Government and the FAA roles over for them. Read the below article for more info and a China company concern. I have purchased a Autel Eo II and it is awesome. I have flown it once only due to rain but no lock outs, more sensors that the Mavic Air 2, faster, longer flights, and way points on the screen with a 8K camera and 8X zoom lens. I am going to keep fighting DJI until someone listens. Who gave DJI permission to restrict air space here in the USA? Where did they get authorization to collect information on my LAANC authorized flights? Le them answe that!

Sterk03
EDIT; DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WAS AN OLD THREAD.... I live near a public airport that requires no LAANC, but I still have to check off all the little boxes when taking off from my house, because it's in an orange DJI restricted zone. If I press cancel, I can still take off, but I can't fly passed their Blue marked bowtie flight corridor. I did finally email them about it and told them, the airport was in unrestricted airspace. They gave me a year's clearance to fly in this area without having to get a new electronic certificate every 24 hours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0