DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No fly zone has been re-edged

oscarberke

Reactions
I live on a 4.6 acre pond right on the edge of a yellow no fly zone, and I can authorize or unlock the no fly zone, but as I fly away from my house Even across the pond I enter the green no fly zone. Something new happened yesterday. I got a voice prompt saying no fly zone has been re-edged, and then it would not let me bring the mavic air back home to land.

I tried to get it back from multiple different ways, Flew further east, then tried, further west then tried.... None of them would let me re-enter.

I went to unlocked zones in settings and it still showed my zone was unlocked. I had about 33% battery left at that point as I left it hovering got in a car and drove to the other side of the lake and then landed it where I was able to quickly retrieve it. If the zone has been unlocked for 24 hrs, why will it not let me re-enter it?
(BTW, when I got back it let me take off again as it still shoed unlocked, just it wold not let me leave and renter it.)

Is there anyway to prevent this?

When you download the app “hover”, you can see fly/no fly zones.

Is there a guide to which are the no fly zones in hover or is ‘any’ shaded area no fly?
I understand the no fly near airports but eg North Yorkshire seems to be a complete no fly zone and that doesn’t seem right? Thanks

Is there a guide to which are the no fly zones in hover or is ‘any’ shaded area no fly?
I understand the no fly near airports but eg North Yorkshire seems to be a complete no fly zone and that doesn’t seem right? Thanks
No like, some no fly zones are from football games. When you download hover you can click on the no/fly zones and check wich one is wich one.

Reactions: ICHOTT
:mad:
No like, some no fly zones are from football games. When you download hover you can click on the no/fly zones and check wich one is wich one.
Ah yes thanks, pity hover doesn’t have any instructions :mad:

Yes, but that is not my point, I unlocked the yellow warning zone and it let me take off and fly the opposite way out of the zone and away fro the airport. The problem comes in that it would not let me re-enter the zone even though it was unlocked to land. I could not bring my mavic back home.

Is there a way to unlock for takeoff and returning home?

Hmmmm... The reviews for Hover on the Android Play Store are pretty bad. AirMap is another app that works really well for detecting NFZs.

Yes, but that is not my point, I unlocked the yellow warning zone and it let me take off and fly the opposite way out of the zone and away fro the airport. The problem comes in that it would not let me re-enter the zone even though it was unlocked to land. I could not bring my mavic back home.

I would contact DJI and tell them about this. It sounds like a bad bug.

Reactions: dawgpilot

I flew out from the edge of a no fly zone over the ocean shooting vids of whales on Maui. When battery was down to 50%, (I was 11k feet out using my Moverios) I hit the RTH button and the drone began its journey home. At about 75% home it few into a no fly zone and would not come out or respond other than to increase or decrease of altitude. Obviously, I lost my MP2 Pro in the ocean when the battery ran out. Explained all to DJI and hope my DJI Care will help even though the ocean has my drone. Awaiting a decision.

Looks like they have finally found a way to punish those who fly near NFZ's!!...... :D
seriously, it has to be a bug.

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00