DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No fly zone meaning?

JayTea26

Reactions
Two unrelated questions:

1) crashed my MA2 had purchased their plan and got new one in return. However, I distinctly remember my old one had a sticker on the right front leg that said ABs something? Replacement no sticker. Why?

2) just my luck, it’s back and now we have mountain fires and drones are prohibited where I live because of firefighters activities. Does that mean I can’t even fly inside my own house?

It could be you got the non ads-b model.
I think you can always fly legally inside your own house(doesn't mean DJI app will let you), but I would never fly the MA2 inside,
. Good Luck.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Two unrelated questions:

1) crashed my MA2 had purchased their plan and got new one in return. However, I distinctly remember my old one had a sticker on the right front leg that said ABs something? Replacement no sticker. Why?

2) just my luck, it’s back and now we have mountain fires and drones are prohibited where I live because of firefighters activities. Does that mean I can’t even fly inside my own house?
I would be getting onto DJI and confirming your replacemnet has air sense...sounds like you have a non US version replacemnet

1) Do you have the option to enable AirSense in DJI Fly when both your drone and controller are powered up? If so, that probably means you have the ADS-B model.

2) FAA regulations only apply to flying in the national airspace. That doesn't include indoors, so feel free to fly inside as much as you want. Just be careful because it's an easy way to damage your drone.

Two unrelated questions:

You can legally fly indoors - no regulatory issue. You might want to keep the box so that you can send the replacement back to DJI when you crash that, however.

In other words - don't fly it indoors.

As others have clearly defined, you may fly indoors any time. However, if your home happens to be within an NFZ, then NO. But the space inside your home is not governed by the FAA, (maybe DJI, but not FAA). Nonetheless, as others have pointed out, not really a wise idea.

Two unrelated questions:

To answer your question:
A no-fly zone, or no-flight zone (NFZ), air exclusion zone (AEZ),[1] is a territory or area established by a military power over which certain aircraft are not permitted to fly.

So I guess you mean TFR?
Go to skyvector.com and look at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer your question:
A no-fly zone, or no-flight zone (NFZ), air exclusion zone (AEZ),[1] is a territory or area established by a military power over which certain aircraft are not permitted to fly.

So I guess you mean TFR?
Go to skyvector.com and look at them.

None of that matters if he is flying indoors.

The title is "No fly zone meaning?

The content of the post clarified what his actual question was. He wasn't looking for the generic description of a no-fly zone, but if it applied to flying within his home.

Two unrelated questions:

You already crashed one, don't crash number 2 by flying indoors. Where's the rush? (Edit: you WILL crash) I mean yes, it's exhilarating (drone piloting) and so much fun, but throwing away $1000 is NOT fun... Trust me, I'm speaking from experience.

Just be patient, and fly outdoors

Figure out the ADS-B issue while you can't fly anyway.

Last edited:
You already crashed one, don't crash number 2 by flying indoors. Where's the rush? I mean yes, it's exhilarating (drone piloting) and so much fun, but throwing away $1000 is NOT fun... Trust me, I'm speaking from experience.

Just be patient.

Figure out the ADS-B issue while you can't fly anyway.
Hundred percent guaranteed you will crash indoors. That’s what the Tello is for.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
First, The government doesn't control airspace in your house.

Second, turn off your ceiling fans

Third, Record with another device for the high entertainment factor when it crashes for us.

I will say I flew my Mavic Air in a Dodge 2500 Mega Cab for pics when I was selling it. You don't realize how much air these things move until it is in a tight space.

Best of luck!!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I am not sure, but I don’t think that the DJI no fly enforcement knows anything about your location other than the gps co-ordinates. If these co-ordinates are within the no fly zone it will keep you from taking off.

I am not sure, but I don’t think that the DJI no fly enforcement knows anything about your location other than the gps co-ordinates. If these co-ordinates are within the no fly zone it will keep you from taking off.

TFRs are authorization zones in the DJI Geo system - you can self-authorize and fly.

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803