DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No fly zone ???

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Anyone have a DJI rep in there pocket?
FAA had a TFR in my area for a fire hazard. TFR was lifted by the FAA more than ten days ago. DJI still has that area as a no fly zone and I’m stuck. I have sent in a support request to see if that will resolve this issue, but not holding my breath.
My only fly toy now is my p4p that has been tweaked to not recognize the zones that keep the rest on the ground.
Help if you can, thanks!

Reactions: Unsub
File with DJI for a manual unlock. I’ve done that with several expired wildfire TFRs that DJI hadn’t lifted yet.

One to three days of unlock isn’t the goal.
I would rather the system be updated to reflect the current condition, which is a TFR that no longer exists.
Is that not reasonable?

Reactions: Unsub
reach out to [email protected]. Let them know.

When I contacted them, they recommended filing for a manual unlock until the TFR expired out.

"Lucas.Sun (DJI Support)

2020年6月30日 GMT+8 上午8:02

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We have known your concern and I will report this issue to our technical department for improvement.

If it is urgent, please kindly visit this link and submit an Custom Unlockingrequest for the designated area.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

It is unnecessary to submit Authorization document for this area (please upload a blank file in step 1 to proceed).

The flight controller's serial number will be needed, please check the attached file for your reference.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

We would like to remind you that during the period of outbreak prevention and control, please avoid visiting areas where the disease is prevalent, and also avoid crowds. Please wear a mask when going out, and keep your hands sanitized by washing and disinfecting them frequently. We will defeat this disease!

Best regards,
Lucas
DJI Technical Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials"

Last edited:
I did contact them through flysafe and received the unlock.
After a few back and forth emails, I’m told that they will update the removed TFR by tomorrow.
I will cross my fingers.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I see "first responder Activity" on Airmap posted for over 24 hours, even though the ambulance calls last not much more than 30 minutes. Even after the Airmap "red zone" with 150' radius disappears on the map, first responder activity still shows as advisory in the flight plan.
Maybe, rather than letting restrictions time out after a "given" period, the restriction could be released the same way it was activated in the first place ? "All clear radio calls" to dispatch could deactivate the first responder activity the same way it was activated in the first place. Or maybe my 911 dispatcher, is more than just lazy ?

Red zone of 150 foot radius I could live with. It’s the 140 square mile TFR that gives me an issue.

Hope it's ok to jump on this thread.
Looking at the attached map from UAV Forecast, I understand there's a good chance of being shot down in the red zone, but it's not clear in the map key what the zones 2 & 3 mean should I fly in them. Can anyone clarify please?No Fly Zone Chivenor.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada