DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No GPS - Ready To Go (Vision)

CaptainMoonlight

Reactions
Does anyone know why DjiGo was telling me I had No GPS? I clearly had satellites and my flight was tracked on the map etc.

I did notice that DjiGO was telling me it was ready to fly (vision) instead of the normal message.

I know there is a thread already about this on here but it didn't have much info....

Didn't I wait long enough for the MP to connect to the satellites?

The flights went great, hime point was recorded and i had no issues at all apart from the initial No GPS thing.

I didn't take a screen shot of DjiGO during flight but on checking the flight record there is a No GPS warning.

Screenshot_20180506-124157.png

Thanks in advance
The Capt

I get the same issue but after waiting a few seconds it returns to GPS mode. I think my issue may be from power line interference sine I don’t get this message at other locations.

I’ve got two lines that run at right angles of each other. One out about 50 feet west of my LZ and the other out about 100 feet to the south. In addition, I’ve got the feeder line that supplies my house almost directly overhead.

I can make a short drive down the street to a church that’s perched high on a hill, and never get lost signal, magnetic interference, etc. From that vantage point I can reach max distance and still be below the 400 foot ceiling.

I’m guessing try a few different locations and see if the alert varies. The main reason I’m throwing that out is that in conjunction to the power lines, there are two dead cell signal spots at, and near my house, that are only a few meters across the dead zones. I suppose sattilite signals can experience the same “dead spots”.

Not much tech help, but may be a tempoary workaround

Reactions: CaptainMoonlight

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots