DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No gps symbol

scooot

Reactions
Hi,
I have now had 3 flights with the MM and on all 3 occasions I am getting a error message bottom centre of screen I can’t get my head around.It says I have no gps yet the gps and satalite icon top right of screen shows strong.All 3 flights performed as I expected but I am still a little worried about this message.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• B117B7FB-FB55-46DA-954D-CE539C1D1D8D.png
    B117B7FB-FB55-46DA-954D-CE539C1D1D8D.png
    499.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 37EBBC57-C7EC-4F71-9F24-C0BD7119679D.png
    37EBBC57-C7EC-4F71-9F24-C0BD7119679D.png
    464.6 KB · Views: 81
Hi,
I have now had 3 flights with the MM and on all 3 occasions I am getting a error message bottom centre of screen I can’t get my head around.It says I have no gps yet the gps and satalite icon top right of screen shows strong.All 3 flights performed as I expected but I am still a little worried about this message.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Is your location on your device turned on?

Try putting the sad card in and see if that helps. DJI isn’t good always with their error messages.

Sour I run my iPad mini with no cellular service then what ? I was going to use just WiFi.

Sour I run my iPad mini with no cellular service then what ? I was going to use just WiFi.
It shouldn't make any difference.
It's not like the drone needs mobile signal for anything.

The fly app will try and show AC position relative to you. It uses mobile's GPS as part of the equation but Wi-Fi only iPads don't have one. So it uses iOS location services which uses other means, mainly Wi-Fi location to approximate your position and direction you're facing. It's a nicety, and can be ignored.

Note that Android compasses notoriously need continuous calibration so although that "radar" knows where you are, it might not correctly show AC direction relative to where you're facing.

Reactions: scooot
My iPad is WiFi and cellular , but I don’t have a cellular plan on the iPad. Can it still use the pads gps or is that off without having a plan ?

Yes,you can still use the gps but if you want to use the maps you will have to download the map when connected to WiFi or connect the pad via hotspot to your cellular device.

Thanks ! I’m glad the iPad gps will work. To expensive to use as a hotspot or get a cheap cellular plan. I just looked into it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61