DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No home point activation nor map on screen

mrgrind

Reactions
Not getting my home point activation prompt no Matter how long I wait nor am I seeing my map in the left hand corner. Do I need a compass calibration.? Or what..... very scared to fly.

How many satellites do you have on the app - sometimes it needs 8 or so to set a home point ??

Not getting my home point activation prompt no Matter how long I wait nor am I seeing my map in the left hand corner. Do I need a compass calibration.? Or what..... very scared to fly.
This is not related to the compass. The maps must either be cached prior to flight, or you must be connected to the internet.
Sattelite aquisition and the IMU Computations set the home point.

I will get as much as 11-13 and still waiting for audio verification and nothing. I am only confident when drone is speaking to me. Then the (no maps) on a black screen in the corner makes me very uncomfortable. . I haven't flown in months so I don't know if some kinda reset took place.
How many satellites do you have on the app - sometimes it needs 8 or so to set a home point ??

I haven't flown in months so I don't know if some kinda reset took place.
Have you changed the device you fly with? It should not matter, but as mentioned, you must be connected to the internet for maps, unless you cache them first.

Reactions: Thomas B
Never needed internet for map. my phone GPS is on. gonna try a diff phone. unaware of the relationship between cache and map. plz explain

QUOTE="Fly Dawg, post: 895767, member: 102520"]
This is not related to the compass. The maps must either be cached prior to flight, or you must be connected to the internet.
Sattelite aquisition and the IMU Computations set the home point.
[/QUOTE]
Very

Ok guys sorry...it is a fone setting issue. I got everything working with a different fone. Thanks for all the response.
One Love from Jamaica

Never needed internet for map. my phone GPS is on.
Actually you do need internet for maps. You are accessing it via cellular. GPS on the phone is a seperate entity.

Glad you got it sorted out as I was gonna suggest there was a possible compass issue - I usually get 18-20 satellites - didn't think it was low volume on the mobile device either

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98