DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No image on screen

RussOnTheRoad

Reactions
Hopefully it's just because I don't know what I'm doing... I just got a Mavic 2 Zoom with Smart Controller. It will take a photo or video when I push the corresponding button, and I can view them in the photo library, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the camera view onto the screen of the smart controller.

I have the aircraft sitting on a table top with no props installed. It seems to me I should still be able to get a view of what the camera sees on the screen of the controller but I cannot. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Update: looks like a problem with the equipment or software. I restarted the drone and controller and when I went into Go the camera view was there by default. I switched to Map view then back to Camera view and it was gone... just a gray screen. I restarted again but to no avail.

Update 2: When starting up my Mavic 2 Zoom and Smart Controller I got a message on the controller "Inconsistent Firmware Found. Firmware incompatibility between some modules and current device detected. Are you sure you want to update firmware?" This struck me as odd because I had seem the same or similar yesterday and updated. I don't know why I did not see it on any of the occasions I restarted the drone and controller yesterday after that.

In any event, I chose to update and the camera view has been working since then.

Update 3: Lost camera view again.

Update 4: DJI Support had me reinstall the firmware on my Mavic 2 Zoom and Smart Controller. Didn't help. The first time I fired things up, OK. The next time, no camera view on the controller... just a gray screen.

Attachments

• firmware.PNG
    firmware.PNG
    249.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hopefully it's just because I don't know what I'm doing... I just got a Mavic 2 Zoom with Smart Controller. It will take a photo or video when I push the corresponding button, and I can view them in the photo library, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the camera view onto the screen of the smart controller.

I have the aircraft sitting on a table top with no props installed. It seems to me I should still be able to get a view of what the camera sees on the screen of the controller but I cannot. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Update: looks like a problem with the equipment or software. I restarted the drone and controller and when I went into Go the camera view was there by default. I switched to Map view then back to Camera view and it was gone... just a gray screen. I restarted again but to no avail.
There have been other reports of losing the camera or view. Usually restarting will fix it - sometimes restart more than once.

Thanks.

Update 2: When starting up my Mavic 2 Zoom and Smart Controller I got a message on the controller "Inconsistent Firmware Found. Firmware incompatibility between some modules and current device detected. Are you sure you want to update firmware?" This struck me as odd because I had seem the same or similar yesterday and updated. I don't know why I did not see it on any of the occasions I restarted the drone and controller yesterday after that.

In any event, I chose to update and the camera view has been working since then.

Update 4: DJI Support had me reinstall the firmware on my Mavic 2 Zoom and Smart Controller. Didn't help. The first time I fired things up, OK. The next time, no camera view on the controller... just a gray screen.
If you have an SD card in the drone, take it out. Otherwise, try restarting it.

If you have an SD card in the drone, take it out. Otherwise, try restarting it.
Thanks.

The drone has been restarted numerous times and the controller too. Sometimes there was a video feed to the Smart Controller, sometimes not, and sometimes there was but it disappeared when switching to map view and back.

Today DJI support had me do a Factory Data Reset (found in the Settings list) and the drone has been OK since then except that I sometimes get the message on the Smart Controller at startup that says "Inconsistent Firmware Found" (screenshot in post #3 of this thread) and asks me to update. I have tapped on Cancel instead of update because it's just going to do the same thing again later if experience is any teacher.

I will try to get an answer from DJI about the Inconsistent Firmware message. If I do I will report back here.

You made a suggestion to remove the SD card. Then what? Put it back in? When? Fly without one?

Thanks.

The drone has been restarted numerous times and the controller too. Sometimes there was a video feed to the Smart Controller, sometimes not, and sometimes there was but it disappeared when switching to map view and back.

Today DJI support had me do a Factory Data Reset (found in the Settings list) and the drone has been OK since then except that I sometimes get the message on the Smart Controller at startup that says "Inconsistent Firmware Found" (screenshot in post #3 of this thread) and asks me to update. I have tapped on Cancel instead of update because it's just going to do the same thing again later if experience is any teacher.

I will try to get an answer from DJI about the Inconsistent Firmware message. If I do I will report back here.

You made a suggestion to remove the SD card. Then what? Put it back in? When? Fly without one?
Try a different SD card. I did this and my Mavic 2 Zoom video feed has been fine.

Thanks.

If you get the "inconsistent firmware" it generally means that the battery's (or batterie's) firmware needs updating. Battery has its own version. Slide to update it - takes very little time (best at home where you have wifi). If you have other batteries, turn off drone, replace battery power one and update the other batteries as needed. But I don't think this affects the absence of image??

Reactions: RussOnTheRoad
If you get the "inconsistent firmware" it generally means that the battery's (or batterie's) firmware needs updating. Battery has its own version. Slide to update it - takes very little time (best at home where you have wifi). If you have other batteries, turn off drone, replace battery power one and update the other batteries as needed. But I don't think this affects the absence of image??
Excellent tip. Thanks. I never thought of that. I cannot imagine why the DJI support reps I spoke to didn't say anything about this. ?

Reactions: ff22

Thanks.

Go into camera setting and reset the camera.

Go into camera setting and reset the camera.

Thanks.

Happened to me a couple of times and I set the smart controller to factory default and reinstalled latest firmware but screen went gray following day. I went through all the camera settings and when I reset the camera screen came back on.

Hmm, I have a 128g card in my zoom with SC and sometimes there is no image on screen until I reboot a time or two. Going to switch it out for a 64g and see if that issue goes away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS