DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Image While Calibrating Downward Vision Sensor

Tuzuharu

Reactions
Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm new here, so thank you for having me and please forgive me if I post in the wrong forum. :)

Second of all, I just received my brand new Mavic Air 2 yesterday. Needless to say I was very excited.
I went through all the firmware updates, compass and IMU calibration, no problem.

Unfortunately, I was consistently getting this message "Downward Vision Sensor Error, contact DJI for assistance". (image attached)

I did some digging and downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, tried to calibrate the vision sensors. The front facing sensors work fine (image and all), but when it comes to the downward facing ones, I have no image, just black (image attached), so no guides appear on my computer screen, the bottom left thumbnails say "Sensor status" is green .

I checked and double checked if I had any film or stickers on the sensors, nothing. Also, it's a brand new drone so I've never used it and it never crashed, no damage or anything.

So my question is, should I be worried ? Can anyone help?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• IMG_3130.PNG
    IMG_3130.PNG
    4.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
The message means that either or both of the camera senor and the IR sensor at the bottom is faulty. If the camera sensor is not working, the craft will not be able to hold position without GPS ( e.g, when flying indoor ). If the IR sensor is bad, it will not be able to hold altitude very precisely. It seems that at least the camera sensor is faulty. The craft should drift when hovering indoor. If that's the case, sending it back to DJI is the only way to go.

The message means that either or both of the camera senor and the IR sensor at the bottom is faulty. If the camera sensor is not working, the craft will not be able to hold position without GPS ( e.g, when flying indoor ). If the IR sensor is bad, it will not be able to hold altitude very precisely. It seems that at least the camera sensor is faulty. The craft should drift when hovering indoor. If that's the case, sending it back to DJI is the only way to go.
Thank you for the fast response and the very helpful explanation. Seems like the camera sensor is faulty as it drifts indroors like you said (I had to test it lol). Still it lands fine. Can I fly it outdoors?

Thank you for the fast response and the very helpful explanation. Seems like the camera sensor is faulty as it drifts indroors like you said (I had to test it lol). Still it lands fine. Can I fly it outdoors?
It should be OK outdoor as GPS is used for positioning

Reactions: Tuzuharu
Thank you everyone for your concern. Yes unfortunately I'll have to send it back. But since I'm from Madagascar, and I got it in Asia, it will be difficult to send it for now as frontiers are closed. So I decided to enjoy flying it without the downward sensors. ?

Please try to do a FW refresh first by way of a pc and the assistant 2 for the MA2 I have seen the bottom sensors stop working before with older Magic pro it’s worth a shot. Before u rms it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC