DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Karmas on BestBuy site

Anthony Viscomi

Reactions
So as I sit here watching election results, I notice that Best Buy no longer has the Karma listed on there website.

KARMA !!! SO MUCH MORE THAN A DRONE .......

Reactions: Kilrah
If you read the FAQ they are giving a FULL REFUND. Not replacing the drones, but giving a FULL REFUND. While I don't know how many Karmas they've sold and delivered, even if its a small number just the implications of recalling all of them is going to be a huge hit on GoPro's stock...

They said it was around 2500 sold so far

Stock has dropped 8% last time I checked...

2,500 Karmas sold v. 100,000+ Mavics sold! :p
Mavic had already destroyed Karma, even before the Karmas started literally dropping from the sky, committing HaraKiri! :eek:

2,500 Karmas sold v. 100,000+ Mavics sold! :p
Mavic had already destroyed Karma, even before the Karmas started literally dropping from the sky, committing HaraKiri! :eek:
2500 Karma's Shipped and requested returned... 100,000 Mavic's (pre-ordered).... do we really know how many Mavics have been delivered? (not that it makes much difference) - GoPro is in a tight spot...

2500 Karma's Shipped and requested returned... 100,000 Mavic's (pre-ordered).... do we really know how many Mavics have been delivered? (not that it makes much difference) - GoPro is in a tight spot...
At this moment, I'll bet that less than 1% of the Mavic preorders have been delivered. How else could eBay sellers command $2000 to $3000 for a single Mavic in hand and $300 for a single Mavic battery? DJI was projecting up to 2 months for them just to fill all preorders prior to November 3rd. :eek:

At this moment, I'll bet that less than 1% of the Mavic preorders have been delivered. How else could eBay sellers command $2000 to $3000 for a single Mavic in hand and $300 for a single Mavic battery? DJI was projecting up to 2 months for them just to fill all preorders prior to November 3rd. :eek:
I would speculate a little higher than 1%, please note that not everyone that buys a drone is a forum member.

one thing i am pretty sure of is.. after the DJI production/delivery ( Explicit Removed) up if the karma was still available with quick delivery i would instantly cancel my mavic order and buy a (Explicit Removed ) karma.. he he..

trog

Last edited by a moderator:
1% is absurd. Look at the summary in the when will it ship thread.. they're over a third through the backlog. I know that isn't all the orders but if it's even in the ballpark of a close approximation of things overall then it's way over 1%

they havnt covered all the direct buy September orders yet.. thats not including huge dealer orders.. i aint gonna guess at percentages but as yet they are quite clearly not able to produce and ship mavics in viable numbers..

i know "hope" springs eternal" but all i see so far is a god almighty disaster.. he he

trog

I truly believe that they (DJI) will start "pumping" the Mavics out quickly. From a sales perspective there's no way in hell that DJI wants to miss out on holiday sales.

Indeed, I can't even imagine what it'd cost them to not have them in best buy and other stores for the holiday season. They very well may miss out but it seems like a lot of incentive to make production increases to me

If Best Buy gets the P4P in store before my Best Buy Mavic order ships, I'm buying the P4P. Then, when my Mavic shows up next year, by the time it arrives, I'll be able to pay for it with my tax refund! :p

I sent an email to 4 separate Best Buy stores yesterday in regards to Mavic stock and here is 1 of the responses from a very large Best Buy store:

Not at this time. Additionally we do not have any inbound to our location. We could absolutely order this item for you and have it sent to your home or sent to a store for pickup.

Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2016 11:40 AM

To: S-001098-Leaders

Subject: DJI MAVIC

Does your Cherry Hill store have this in stock?

· Model: MAVIC PRO(NA) (W REMOTE CONTRO

· SKU: 5621780

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7