DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No LCD on controller = no backup flight data.

Spinmeout

Reactions
Just a thought. With no LCD on the flight controller, does this mean in the case of an app crash on our monitor that we have zero flight data. As fail safe I have always relied on the LCD as Backup should I lose the DJI Go4 app. In particular flight height and distance so I can fly home. No LCD means less information. I hope I am wrong.
Your thoughts?

Reactions: Dragonfly
That’s exactly what it means. The spark controller is the same way. One of the reasons I wont be purchasing either one.

Reactions: Neebles
Your thoughts?
People have been managing just fine for years with other DJI drones. It's a nice feature, but certainly not a must-have.

That’s exactly what it means. The spark controller is the same way. One of the reasons I wont be purchasing either one.

Outside of pilot error, the real, no-poop failure rate on the Mavic seems to be pretty slim compared to the number of units that are in the air.

I'd say you're missing out on the Mavic now...and, will be missing out on the Air if you continue your "no buy" decision.

But, hey...that's your choice.

The Phantoms have no LCD, I've never had a problem with it. If you can't get Go started again, RTH.

If you can't get back without an LCD the underlying issue is mostly likely that you haven't properly prepared or are flying in a sketchy manner.

My $3K + I2 uses a similar controller as the Phantom with nothing but 3 or 4 LED lights

Outside of pilot error, the real, no-poop failure rate on the Mavic seems to be pretty slim compared to the number of units that are in the air.

I'd say you're missing out on the Mavic now...and, will be missing out on the Air if you continue your "no buy" decision.

But, hey...that's your choice.

Not sure how I’m missing out on the Mavic if I own one and love it?

Reactions: Neebles
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair