DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No limit dronez options for Mavic Air?

Thor

Reactions
I’m a little confused about what “no limit dronez” can do for the Mavic Air. I’m not concerned about removing the nfz or changing the max altitude but I would like to change the max speed in normal (not sport) mode and increase the descent speed. Does anyone know for sure if NLD can do this for the Mavic Air??

I know for sure it can't currently. It can adjust ascent speed.

So you can adjust the ascent speed but not the descent speed??
Issue I had was that even though you could change the numbers in NLD, they wouldn't stick and only the ascent speed was affected in flight.
I WAS able to change the descent speed using the older version of dji assistant with DevTools mode and did point it out to the NLD guys, but I don't know if they included it in the latest version. Latest version actually wouldn't even connect to my mavic air and I've since sold it.
ver_vel_down_adding_max parameter needs to be adjusted for the descent speed to actually be affected. That parameter will actually assist with faster horizontal speed also if you descend a little (I got 49mph against the wind with a -4 value). Until the mavic air is rooted USING PUBLICLY AVAILABLE TOOLS/METHODS, there's no point in using NLD on a mavic air... Unless you just want to support their cause.. I own two unused NLD licenses just for that reason.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929