DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No low battery warning today!

westwind77

Reactions
I have flown the MPP for years with the phone and now the 2S with the RC Pro for a few months. I have always received the low battery warning....except for today! I did a quick flight around my house to test a couple video settings out and took off with the drone at 70%, which is the first time I have ever taken off with a drone that was not 100%. As I flew I watched the battery % drop normally but realized I did not get the low battery alarm so flew back and then hovered over my pad. I did that for a while until the critical bat alert and it landed.

Why did the low battery alarm never sound?!

Any thoughts where to look or what to do before my next test flight to solve this?

I don't have an answer, I just want to subscribe so that I can hear if this is common, and what the reason/solution for this is.

I don't have an answer, I just want to subscribe so that I can hear if this is common, and what the reason/solution for this is.
There's a handy "Watch" button at the top right of the page that allows you to get notifications when there's a new post on a thread. I found it after posting notes like that a few times. You can choose to be notified by email or only by an alert on the bell icon.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Why did the low battery alarm never sound?!
You mean the one when it says "the battery level is low, the aircraft will go to the homepoint in 10 seconds"?
That one doesn't sound when you're too close to the homepoint.

You mean the one when it says "the battery level is low, the aircraft will go to the homepoint in 10 seconds"?
That one doesn't sound when you're too close to the homepoint.
No, the generic initial low battery alarm. A while after that alarm then it should do what you mentioned above, neither of which happened today. I have never not received these alarms, and given the distance I was, I should have, especially since I have received them a lot closer.

How low did your battery get? Mine went off tonight but it wasn't until I was at 4-5%. My Mini 2 never lets me get below about 20% before it starts warning me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest