DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Mavic 3 SDK Anytime soon...

bkushner

Reactions
I was hoping DJI would work on the Mavic 3 SDK a little faster then they have considering I'm sure there are many pros that will be using this drone...but not to be.

Not this year and MAYBE next...doesn't sound promising..

Attachments

• sdk.jpg
    sdk.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Angry
Reactions: Skyscope and zeusfl
They don't really have their own firmware taken care of yet... and wont for Jan +.. I really think its Release +1 Year for these for any drone that actually gets it.. I own a few newer ones but yah maybe this one will be different.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Well, given the fact, that they not even provide panoramas for the M3, it's no real surprise unfortunately. Still a shame but the SDK is probably nothing that DJI brings more money in the first place.

You can only hope, if you bought early, that all these features and promises are holding up.

DJI aren’t planning the sdk anytime soon for the M3, if ever - highly disappointing but I guess that’s typical DJI strategy - release product before it’s finished development - get the market to do their testing. The simple fact you can’t use the m3 with dronedeploy, pix4d, Dronelink, etc. is ridiculous as these apps provide incredible versatility and flexibility in the creative workflow for commercial users and the m3 provided the safest platform in most metro environments due to its low weight. I can’t see how they aren’t prioritising this.

DJI aren’t planning the sdk anytime soon for the M3, if ever - highly disappointing but I guess that’s typical DJI strategy - release product before it’s finished development - get the market to do their testing. The simple fact you can’t use the m3 with dronedeploy, pix4d, Dronelink, etc. is ridiculous as these apps provide incredible versatility and flexibility in the creative workflow for commercial users and the m3 provided the safest platform in most metro environments due to its low weight. I can’t see how they aren’t prioritising this.

DJI recently updated the ticket and this is what they sent me. It seems to indicate they are blaming apple and have seemingly been banned from submitting new products using the SDK to the App Store.

inline-126861814.png

DJI recently updated the ticket and this is what they sent me. It seems to indicate they are blaming apple and have seemingly been banned from submitting new products using the SDK to the App Store.

inline-126861814.png
Looks like those using android based controllers may get a lot of corrections, new features, and hopefully mapping software by someone sooner than IOS users.

Looks like those using android based controllers may get a lot of corrections, new features, and hopefully mapping software by someone sooner than IOS users.
RC PRO FTW

It seems to indicate they are blaming apple and have seemingly been banned from submitting new products using the SDK to the App Store.

When Apple categorically rejects apps, it is usually because data protection or privacy is being violated. So it seems that things are possible via the SDK that Apple says shouldn't be possible.

Regardless, third-party apps are essential for me, for panorama shooting with HDRpano or Missions with Dronelink. Shots like this are only possible with repeatable waypoint missions:

dronelink_transition.gif

Therefore, my Mavic 2 Pros will not be replaced until an SDK for the Mavic 3 is available.
Besides, there are a few other things that are important for me to get sorted out before I buy a Mavic 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: EagleHead
When Apple categorically rejects apps, it is usually because data protection or privacy is being violated. So it seems that things are possible via the SDK that Apple says shouldn't be possible.

Regardless, third-party apps are essential for me, for panorama shooting with HDRpano or Missions with Dronelink. Shots like this are only possible with repeatable waypoint missions:

View attachment 141905

Therefore, my Mavic 2 Pros will not be replaced until an SDK for the Mavic 3 is available.
Besides, there are a few other things that are important for me to get sorted out before I buy a Mavic 3.
Well dang...I am feeling somr buyers remorse here...

View attachment 141905

By then the Mavic 4 will be out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett