DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"no memory card inserted"

Which memory card are you using?
Have you tried another card?
Are you inserting it properly....they definitely can be fiddly to insert?

They require a very fast card. Saving money here doesn’t work. Good luck

Which memory card are you using?
Have you tried another card?
Are you inserting it properly....they definitely can be fiddly to insert?

It's inserted properly. I read somewhere that I need to format it, and I'm on a mac currently. Do i need to format it to ms dos fat or ex fat?

It's surprising that any modern SD card from a major manufacturer would not come already formatted. You don't list what card you have though.

While you can format it in the computer, it's probably a better bet (just this first time to be sure it's not a bad card) to format it in the aircraft, using the format option in DJI Go 4.

For the computer, in the M2P owners manual, in the Specifications section under Supported File System, it lists FAT32 for 32GB or less, or exFAT for larger cards.

Chris

Last edited:
Definitely needs an MS-DOS format, either FAT or exFAT depending on the size. You can format it outside of the aircraft so that the aircraft will be able to recognize it, then reformat it in the aircraft.

No, not "FAT". Only exFAT or FAT32.

Yes, it's an important distinction.

Can people stop saying "MS DOS" format? It doesn't matter that Microsoft developed these file-systems, "MS-DOS" is so 1990 (and today's drives coming with these formats work fine on a MAC).

It's surprising that any modern SD card from a major manufacturer would not come already formatted. You don't list what card you have though.

While you can format it in the computer, it's probably a better bet (just this first time to be sure it's not a bad card) to format it in the aircraft, using the format option in DJI Go 4.

For the computer, in the M2P owners manual, in the Specifications section under Supported File System, it lists FAT32 for 32GB or less, or exFAT for larger cards.

Chris
He can't format it in the AC if the AC won't even acknowledge the card is installed.

I interpreted that as drone saying "I don't see a card" rather than "I see a card but don't know what it is"

Just a reminder that there are some unscrupulous sellers out there and a lot of eBay sellers from a certain country do shonky things. It could be just a bad card (Manufacturing fault)or can it be seen in a card reader attached to your computer. The people that order a 256gb $25 micro sd card and are slightly disappointed are not few in number.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7