DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No MSX fusion setting with IOs

jvhooser

Reactions
I purchased the M2ED a few weeks ago, and have been less than impressed overall. I have installed all firmware updates. However I really tried to use and understand the MSX the past couple of days. I fly using an ipad mini 4, and the MSX looks like the Vision with no IR fusion at all.

Then I found a post on the DJI forums and as I understand it, there is no way to adjust the MSX Fusion using an IOS device with the latest firmware version.

DJI is selling a drone with FLIR, that does not collect FLIR data that can be analyzed by off the shelf FLIR software. This is pretty bad, but it is worse that they don't support MSX in their IOS software and MSX is the highlight if the IR on this device.

DJI, when will you have an update available for IOS that is fully functional on the M2ED and allows control of MSX fusion or blending on an IOS device as you have advertised?

@jvhooser There is nobody here from DJI to listen to your complaints.
You were absolutely right with the missing MSX fusion under IOS and the nonexisting radiometric data in the images.

As we speak, you have only the possibility to get an Android based tablet to have to MSX functionality.
There is no way to have the radiometric data being created. It would be a pity for DJI to do this, but i doubt it, that this will happen.

If post-analysis of the images is important to you, sell the M2ED and get an Anafi Thermal aircraft. Those images can be examined and processed by FLIR tools. (and the aircraft is cheaper than the M2ED)

@jvhooser There is nobody here from DJI to listen to your complaints.
You were absolutely right with the missing MSX fusion under IOS and the nonexisting radiometric data in the images.

As we speak, you have only the possibility to get an Android based tablet to have to MSX functionality.
There is no way to have the radiometric data being created. It would be a pity for DJI to do this, but i doubt it, that this will happen.

If post-analysis of the images is important to you, sell the M2ED and get an Anafi Thermal aircraft. Those images can be examined and processed by FLIR tools. (and the aircraft is cheaper than the M2ED)
I do not need the ability to analyze FLIR data , just wish DJI would support their drone with their software.
As you pointed out, I should have bought the Parrot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots