DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Pano's at launch?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This pretty much guarantees and amazon return for me... I will get it in a week and play around with it but im not gona pay for this thing to be missing so many key things... that's just ridiculous.

I use the pano feature on my air2 all the time (and get great results).

Mavic 3 missing features​

ActiveTrack 5.0​

DJI says it’s upping its subject-tracking game with the upgraded ActiveTrack 5.0 tech. Previous iterations of ActiveTrack enabled Mavic drones to follow a subject as it moved directly toward and away from the aircraft while remaining largely stationary as well as flying alongside a moving subject.

ActiveTrack 5.0, however, will allow the Mavic 3 to move with the subject as it moves forward, backward, left, right, and diagonally, and fly alongside as well as around a moving subject. In addition, if the subject moves too fast and temporarily goes out of frame, the visual sensors on the aircraft will continue to track and frame the subject intelligently and pick it back up when it reappears. The feature will be available in Normal mode as well, but not until January 2022.

QuickShots​

This feature will allow your Mavic 3 drone to automatically record and shoot Hollywood-esque, professional-level clips. DJI offers five QuickShot modes through the DJI Fly app, called Dronie, Helix, Rocket, Circle, and Boomerang. Select one and your drone will execute an elaborate preset motion while recording, enabling you to produce impressive results, whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced flyer.

Also read: DJI, SkyPixel to give away $46K in 2021 video contest prizes

MasterShots​

MasterShots is another intelligent feature that was first introduced to us with the $999 DJI Air 2S but is missing from the Mavic 3. Think of it as an advanced version of QuickShots. You can use it to get the best shots in any location with just a tap. Simply select your subject, and the drone will film while executing 10 different maneuvers in sequence, keeping your subject center-frame. In the end, you get a short cinematic video that is perfect for social media sharing!

Panorama Mode​

In this mode, the Mavic 3 will allow individual pictures to be directly stitched and processed by the drone, without the DJI Fly App or any post-production. Meaning, you will be able to capture breathtaking landscapes with a sweeping breadth and rich detail.

QuickTransfer​

With QuickTransfer, you’d be able to store and process materials on your mobile devices without linking with the remote controller. Mavic 3 will be able to transmit materials from the drone to the mobile device more quickly through the Wi-Fi 6 protocol that would support download speeds of up to 80MB/s. In addition, Mavic 3 will also automatically select the fastest transmission mode based on the wireless environment without switching to Wi-Fi mode manually.

I am right behind you , Without that 100 MP Pano and some other access ,its going back to amazon. There going to wonder whats going on lolllllll I feel like DJI knows that 3 Month plan of Amazon Return and there going to make sure you hold onto it. UGH can they be that sneaky, the answer is Yes. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to protect your Mavic 3 and fly in the Rain.

What about Hyperlapses?

Is that in the firmware or you have to wait months?

What about Hyperlapses?

Is that in the firmware or you have to wait months?
I haven't seen that missing and its not considered a quick shot.. if its not present I wont even open the **** box though, its the main reason I am buying the drone for long low light hyperlapses..

They really are gona push me to a air2s with all this BS and wait for something else.

I am right behind you , Without that 100 MP Pano and some other access ,its going back to amazon. There going to wonder whats going on lolllllll I feel like DJI knows that 3 Month plan of Amazon Return and there going to make sure you hold onto it. UGH can they be that sneaky, the answer is Yes. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to protect your Mavic 3 and fly in the Rain.
hope you saw this

Yeah their explanation is bunk. Why wouldn't Occusync 3.0 be backwards compatible with OS 2.0?

The reason is they want you to buy a $1200 new controller.

Ridiculous pricing.

DJI seems not to care about alienating loyal customers.

Maybe they expect to be banned from the US so they're grabbing as much as they can.

• Love
Reactions: fd123_2000
Yeah their explanation is bunk. Why wouldn't Occusync 3.0 be backwards compatible with OS 2.0?

The reason is they want you to buy a $1200 new controller.
This is true. That is why the first SC is sold out and the new RC Pro is also sold out. Now the ONLY way to get the new RC Pro is for you to buy the over $5,000 M3 Cine package.

I knew DJI would do this. Now they would hold out for a while until a lot of the Cine packages have been ordered. Then they may release another small batch of stand alone RC Pro for people to buy. I will buy one the next time it is available for sale. For I will not be surprised if down the road they increase its price from $1,200 to $1,300.

I've had a dig through the official DJI forums but I'm only seeing a single topic on panoramas and it's not clear what the drone currently can actually do. It would be an immediate deal breaker if the drone can't at least automatically capture the raw files for stitching later as it's the feature I use by far the most on the Mavic 2 Pro.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I dont think its a hard pass but a sofware one, have to have some faith till January , man that is a long time away.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm.
Yeah. This is a business decision, not a hardware issue. Otherwise, the O2 controller wouldn't be compatible as well.

Planned obsolescence at its finest.

Reactions: fd123_2000
Actually I am coming from Mavic Air 1. What is this Pano mode everyone is talking about? Is it a 180 degree pano or 360 degree pano or is there a new 3x3 pano?

Not sure if the lack of pano is still an open question, but I'll be happy to check when mine comes in tomorrow. Very disappointing if that's true - that's a feature that's been around for years now, and for it to be conspicuously missing would be a poor reflection.

Not sure if the lack of pano is still an open question, but I'll be happy to check when mine comes in tomorrow. Very disappointing if that's true - that's a feature that's been around for years now, and for it to be conspicuously missing would be a poor reflection.
please do, be a few more days for me...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242