DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Quick Transfer on Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC?

Scottalmas

Reactions
After about an hour of searching with interrwebs and YouTube specifically for an answer, I decided to look at my Mini 3 manual. Do I understand correctly that, if you are using the DJI RC, Quick Transfer is not available? And it makes no sense to transfer images and video to the DJI RC? So are we really transferring images off of the drone by USBC to a computer or ejecting the MicroSD? What am I missing here?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but my brain is fried at this point.

Reactions: BroomRider
After about an hour of searching with interrwebs and YouTube specifically for an answer, I decided to look at my Mini 3 manual. Do I understand correctly that, if you are using the DJI RC, Quick Transfer is not available? And it makes no sense to transfer images and video to the DJI RC? So are we really transferring images off of the drone by USBC to a computer or ejecting the MicroSD? What am I missing here?

Yes, that’s correct. There is no way to use Quick Transfer with the DJI RC. My bigger question is what is the point of the SD card inside of the controller at all? It seems like a total waste of a port to me…

Yes, that’s correct. There is no way to use Quick Transfer with the DJI RC. My bigger question is what is the point of the SD card inside of the controller at all? It seems like a total waste of a port to me…
some people do screen recordings of the controller

Yes you cannot use quick transfer to download saved images to the mini RC and yes at the moment the SD card in the RC is for recording screenshots, cheers Len

OK you mean you want to transfer to your phone or tablet? well if you want to do that you can.
You need to install the DJI fly app on the device you want to transfer to and then turn drone on and then launch the app and you connect to the drone and can do quick transfer.

Hope this helps.

OK you mean you want to transfer to your phone or tablet? well if you want to do that you can.
You need to install the DJI fly app on the device you want to transfer to and then turn drone on and then launch the app and you connect to the drone and can do quick transfer.

Hope this helps.
I guess I must be missing something because my phone does not connect to the drone or to the DJI RC. @HEX5555, are you talking about doing this if you have the DJI RC with the built in screen?

For the avoidance of any confusion, I am posting an update to my original question and providing some clarification.

My iPhone X would not provide the prompt in the lower left corner of DJI Fly when the app was launched next to my Mini 3 Pro that was already powered on. Those were the instructions I followed. When that didn't work, I asked my question and wondered whether it wasn't working because I had the DJI RC version of the drone. It appears that I may have (mis)interpreted the responses that I received to mean that, if you are using the DJI RC with the build in screen, the feature to quick transfer to *another* mobile device (my iPhone x) would not work. That was disappointing and made no sense to me. I soldiered on . . .

I am pleased to report that this feature does, in fact, work for the DJI RC release of the drone -- which you probably already knew. I deleted the app and reinstalled it and all is good now.

Your iPhone can connect to the drone, open the fly app and click switch to quick transfer.

HOWEVER! The latest firmware update has broken it for me it now says “already connected to another mobile device” and I tried all the fixes with no luck.

This new update has also broken my map on the RC controller it stay white and it’s constantly searching for my location even when I connect it to the internet or hot spot on phone.

So watch out for the update lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22