DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No support for M2ED in new SDk

brett8883

Reactions
How all those wondering or hoping to be able to do intelligent flight modes with the M2ED thermal camera I have bad news.

The reason that this isn’t possible is because DJI has not included a way to control the thermal camera with their SDK. I was hoping to be able to give you good news when the new SDK came out that we’d be able to start developing apps besides the pilot app to use the thermal camera but unfortunately DJI has not made the gimbal available to developers and this is why it doesn’t work.

DJI controls the system on which 3rd party apps run kinda like how Apple runs the App Store and you can’t just make code for something that isn’t allowed. At this time DJI does not allow developers to access the M2ED’s camera( the drone itself is available just not the camera) so until this is set up by DJI there won’t be a third party app to use the M2ED’s capability

How all those wondering or hoping to be able to do intelligent flight modes with the M2ED thermal camera I have bad news.

The reason that this isn’t possible is because DJI has not included a way to control the thermal camera with their SDK. I was hoping to be able to give you good news when the new SDK came out that we’d be able to start developing apps besides the pilot app to use the thermal camera but unfortunately DJI has not made the gimbal available to developers and this is why it doesn’t work.

DJI controls the system on which 3rd party apps run kinda like how Apple runs the App Store and you can’t just make code for something that isn’t allowed. At this time DJI does not allow developers to access the M2ED’s camera( the drone itself is available just not the camera) so until this is set up by DJI there won’t be a third party app to use the M2ED’s capability
Yes, this is one of the areas that the Enterprise line is lacking. It would be nice if they let us use the GO 4 app in addition to the Pilot app. We Enterprise guys spend a good chunk of change on these birds but the software seems more Chevrolet instead of Cadillac :/

Reactions: tleedom
So.... we use Litchi quite a bit. And MapPilot. I have read mixed message in this forum about these software products working with the Mavic Enterprise Dual/Thermal . At this time does Litchi work at all? For Waypoint, Orbit , FPV modes?

I would be OK without specific Thermal camera control, just flying and pointing the camera in the above modes would be function enough.

Thanks

So.... we use Litchi quite a bit. And MapPilot. I have read mixed message in this forum about these software products working with the Mavic Enterprise Dual/Thermal . At this time does Litchi work at all? For Waypoint, Orbit , FPV modes?

I would be OK without specific Thermal camera control, just flying and pointing the camera in the above modes would be function enough.

Thanks
I haven't tried yet, but my understanding is that DJI has not released the Enterprise SDK for camera control, they may not and keep it proprietary. If I get a chance tonight I'll try it out and report back.

>>If I get a chance tonight I'll try it out and report back.
That would be great, thank you

Thanks
From a technical standpoint it should but remember the thermal and optical camera is all one unit so it may not have the ability to control the camera at all.

Litchi does support the M2E already, I'm hopeful that if they don't currently support the M2ED they will if DJI releases the SDK for it. I will report back tonight.

>>From a technical standpoint it should but remember the thermal and optical camera is all one unit so it may not have the ability to control the camera at all.

This is a good point. We use Litchi on IOS, seems to be behind the Android version. But still, DJI releasing the Dual with such crappy software is disappointing.

Well everyone, much to my surprise it worked. I didn't see a way to change from Thermal to Optical and back, it was extremely windy but managed to get a POI mission done without issue. I can take photos and video fine too.

Well everyone, much to my surprise it worked. I didn't see a way to change from Thermal to Optical and back, it was extremely windy but managed to get a POI mission done without issue. I can take photos and video fine too.
View attachment 71007

Nice so you could just have The Pilot app running in the background to switch from optical to thermal. Not ideal but better than the status quo.

Nice so you could just have The Pilot app running in the background to switch from optical to thermal. Not ideal but better than the status quo.
Yes, I have confirmed that does work, any camera setting changes need to be done in the Pilot app then switch back to Litchi, all changes seem to carry over.

Here's a screen capture from the POI Mission

That is a step in the right direction, thank you for testing that.

>>. I didn't see a way to change from Thermal to Optical and back
Do I have this right?: you could NOT switch between visual and thermal once the drone is in the air?

Can you elaborate on this?

Reactions: brett8883
That is a step in the right direction, thank you for testing that.

>>. I didn't see a way to change from Thermal to Optical and back
Do I have this right?: you could NOT switch between visual and thermal once the drone is in the air?

Can you elaborate on this?
First off, I'm using iOS and you can easily switch back and forth between Pilot and Litchi, this usually isn't the case for Android, Android can be a little more temperamental. All you have to do is go back to Pilot and make your changes then return to Litchi and all the changes transfer over. You can do this mid-flight on iOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929