DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Video Feed After Update to Latest Firmware

rangemaster728

Reactions
Using DJI Assistant I found there are updated versions of the firmware for the Enterprise (Zoom) and Remote; release notes said among other things it adds precision landing.

Updated the bird, then the remote...restarted both units and re-paired them.

NO VIDEO downlink now from a/c on DJI Pilot App using either iPad Mini 4 or an Android device.

After several tries I gave up and flashed back to previous version of a/c and remote firmware...video restored.

Note - downlink (live video) was gone, camera would still shoot stills and video and store on the SD card.

Anyone else have this experience?

Using DJI Assistant I found there are updated versions of the firmware for the Enterprise (Zoom) and Remote; release notes said among other things it adds precision landing.

NO VIDEO downlink now from a/c on DJI Pilot App using either iPad Mini 4 or an Android device.

After several tries I gave up and flashed back to previous version of a/c and remote firmware...video restored.

Note - downlink (live video) was gone, camera would still shoot stills and video and store on the SD card.

Make sure you updated the Pilot app as well.

Finally had time to try this again...and it appears to be working...

Using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic I connected and updated the aircraft, then connected and updated the remote with Assistant (both units updated to .400).

Upon power cycling both units, then connecting using the DJI Pilot App (iOS) still had no live video feed from the aircraft.

Going back to the main splash screen for DJI Pilot I noticed a banner at the top that said that there is an update available for the RC... even though the remote was already at the latest firmware version (.400).

I then shut the aircraft off and used Wi-Fi from the connected iPad to update the controller to the app’s request (1.00.001), then power cycled the remote, powered up the aircraft and got a new message in the app to update the remote to 1.00.400!

I let the iPad on wifi update the remote via the app to .400, power cycled, turned the aircraft on on now have live downlink video.

I find it odd that I had to 1)first update the remote to an intermediate firmware version not even listed in DJI Assistant, then 2) re-load the latest .0400 remote firmware that Assistant originally put on the r/c.

For now it’s working - I’ll be watching this carefully.

My Smart Controller will arrive early next week so I’m certain there will be even more fun then.

Hi, I have the exact same problem right now.
The Mavic Pro can fly, film, take shots etc. but zero video being received at the controller device(s) I have tried two Samsung tablets, both have exactly the same issue.
I also went back to version 1:400 but no improvement, have just flashed the latest firmware 1:500 (ish) and still no video.

I bet I haven't flown this more than 2 hours so not happy as it all came about after updating firmware through Assistant 2 !!
Did you manage to resolve your issue, if so could I ask how?
Thanks

Did you manage to resolve your issue, if so could I ask how?
The thread you were replying to was for the Mavic Enterprise. At that time DJI changed the video encryption schema between the AC and RC. Refreshing / upgrading the firmware on the RC was the solution.

So, with your Mavic Pro, do the same. Both the AC and RC have to be on the level of firmware.

BTW, you can't go back from 01.04.0500 to a former firmware version with Assistant 2.
(Other tools are available if you really have to go back)

The thread you were replying to was for the Mavic Enterprise. At that time DJI changed the video encryption schema between the AC and RC. Refreshing / upgrading the firmware on the RC was the solution.

So, with your Mavic Pro, do the same. Both the AC and RC have to be on the level of firmware.

BTW, you can't go back from 01.04.0500 to a former firmware version with Assistant 2.
(Other tools are available if you really have to go back)
Thanks for your reply.
I have used the downgrade option in Assistant 2 to turn back the AC and the RC from ver 500 to 400.
Just waiting for tablet to charge then I'll try cranking it up to see if it's fixed, fingers crossed.

Found the solution. Problem it that RC firmware is for Mav2Zoom\Pro, but not for enterprise. To fix it:
1) downgrade mavic firmware to any previous version with DJI Assistant For Mavic
2) Connect with android device with DJI Pilot app to Mavic
3) Accept firmware update by DJI Pilot.
When Pilot updating Mavic firmware, it will update the RC too.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas