DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No video signal after crash and replacement of ribbon and video cables.

Ga_flyer

Reactions
Hello I'm a new mavic pilot and I recently had a crash where the gimbal was broken off and the ribbon cable was torn. After researching seeing this was a common issue I ordered the nessary repair parts and replaced both the ribbon cable and the silver multi strand video cable. After which I have no video feed to my Samsung s8+ nor my galaxy tab e. Formatted the sd card updated the firmware checked and double checked the connections to camera and circuit board. With no change. I can hit the camera button on transmitter and it makes the shutter sound but no image is saved on sd nor app. So I'm stumped and need help with troubleshooting. I do not have dji refresh. And advice would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Not all cables are created equal, you may have gotten a bad video cable. Or the camera may be damaged. Or the circuit board may be damaged. Or who knows. I find the gimbal/camera to be a PITA to troubleshoot unless I have a complete working one I can swap parts with. My first inclination would be to try another video cable; even slight damage to one of the wires, like getting one pinched under a gimbal cover, can render it useless. My second approach would be to contact @Thunderdrones about doing the repair for me.

Not all cables are created equal, you may have gotten a bad video cable. Or the camera may be damaged. Or the circuit board may be damaged. Or who knows. I find the gimbal/camera to be a PITA to troubleshoot unless I have a complete working one I can swap parts with. My first inclination would be to try another video cable; even slight damage to one of the wires, like getting one pinched under a gimbal cover, can render it useless. My second approach would be to contact @Thunderdrones about doing the repair for me.
Ok thanks I'll try to change out the video cables and if that fails I'll contact thunderdrone. I'll update once things are figured out.

I have exactly same issue : on dji4 app, in overallstatus there is no issue at all but screen remains black. Video cable looks ok as well...

Have you guys made progress on this?

I crashed, and tore ribbon cable. I still had image, but no control over gimbal

I replaced ribbon cable and now the gimbal works, but I have a black screen.

Is it definitely ribbon cable for moving gimbal and wire cable for image?

Hello Ga flyer

I had a same problem last week, the rebbon was torn... I changed the rebbon and... no image double checked the connections too then launch the gimbal auto calibration but nothing... black screen ...

Did you find out a key ?

Thx

I did a load of research and decided the LVDS cable probably got damaged.

I inspected it one time, and found no damage, although it had been pinched a bit.

Due to the tiny screw in the camera stripping i can't get in to change the cable at the moment. Very frustrating. Think I will have to send it off...

can you record to the sd card? Remember to format inside the Mavic first. see if you can record anything, take the sd card out and look at on pc. If you can and its good quality I would then check it on 4k stills etc. this could rule out the camera at least.
I did a load of research and decided the LVDS cable probably got damaged.

I inspected it one time, and found no damage, although it had been pinched a bit.

Due to the tiny screw in the camera stripping i can't get in to change the cable at the moment. Very frustrating. Think I will have to send it off...

can you record to the sd card? Remember to format inside the Mavic first. see if you can record anything, take the sd card out and look at on pc. If you can and its good quality I would then check it on 4k stills etc. this could rule out the camera at least.

I had tried everything that didn't involve a screwdriver, and couldn't get it to work.... BUT I just took the gimbal into a computer repair shop and they removed the stripped screw in return for a handshake. I was then able to replace the LVDS cable, and the whole thing is now back to life, and working correctly.

The moral of the story is that the LVDS cable seems to be VERY fragile. I still can't see any sign of damage on it, so guess those small kinks must have been caused by it being trapped under the plastic gimbal casing when I re-installed the ribbon cable. Therefore if you are doing this job, be super careful when re-installing all those little plastic parts.

Also - I have noticed that I have to some extent broken most of those gimbal casing covers by screwing them down too tight. They are incredibly fragile. Don't over-tighten them.

I am going to have to replace most of them when I get back to the UK, and am able to find parts.

Reactions: brilock1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929