DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nobody has mentioned OM4 yet?!

Just looked in this section and saw nothing on it.

For those that havn't seen it.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
It looks like an Osmo 3 with a magnetic mount. Not too sure if it's worth it to upgrade to the Osmo 4 just for a quicker mount but maybe there are other new features. I don't have issues with the mounting procedure on the osmo 3 but I do wish I could pause the video during a recording session.

I use a camera to make normal video, to me, cellphones are still designed to make phone calls, So no use for this expensive toy.

I use a camera to make normal video, to me, cellphones are still designed to make phone calls, So no use for this expensive toy.
The difference between a man and a boy is........?

Last edited:
I still have my original Osmo Mobile 2. (that's right- TWO). It is big, takes up space, awkward to use with app, etc. I put it on e-bay, got a buyer, shipped it to him, but then he wanted his money back and to send it back because it "wouldn't work." I spent considerable time back and forth through the e-bay portal trying to teach the buyer how to install the Mimo App but he Wass just too stupid to figure it out, and e-bay made be refund him the money and he sent it back. When I got it back from him, I tried it out and everything worked just fine.

It is still for sale but I never use it. Probably worth about $40 USD or something. I Find this just too awkward to use, even considering the OM3 and now the OM4. Why can't DJI just get it straight the first time around anyway? Right now it's just another piece of junk sitting around my house. I'll be happy for any offer. The stabilization is great and fits any iPhone.

I have the OM3 and have found it pretty useful in the situations it is intended. Doing time lapses of sunsets and storm fronts is simple and the results are great. Took it to Europe just before the whole COVID thing broke out and used it on so many occasions and didn't find it to bulky to have on me all the time. As with most things from DJI, most problems I see in the forums are from people who haven't bothered to read the manual. Read the instructions and learn about your equipment before you use it and it will be a far more pleasant experience. As for OM4, I just don't see the point. I have no intention of sticking a big magnet on the back of my phone permanently. I guess they are trying to get around the whole balance your phone every time before you use situation. If I had to choose right now, I would still buy the OM3 over the OM4.

Reactions: dronerdave
I still have my original Osmo Mobile 2. (that's right- TWO). It is big, takes up space, awkward to use with app, etc. I put it on e-bay, got a buyer, shipped it to him, but then he wanted his money back and to send it back because it "wouldn't work." I spent considerable time back and forth through the e-bay portal trying to teach the buyer how to install the Mimo App but he Wass just too stupid to figure it out, and e-bay made be refund him the money and he sent it back. When I got it back from him, I tried it out and everything worked just fine.

It is still for sale but I never use it. Probably worth about $40 USD or something. I Find this just too awkward to use, even considering the OM3 and now the OM4. Why can't DJI just get it straight the first time around anyway? Right now it's just another piece of junk sitting around my house. I'll be happy for any offer. The stabilization is great and fits any iPhone.
I remember you. LOL!!!

I have the OM3 and have found it pretty useful in the situations it is intended. Doing time lapses of sunsets and storm fronts is simple and the results are great. Took it to Europe just before the whole COVID thing broke out and used it on so many occasions and didn't find it to bulky to have on me all the time. As with most things from DJI, most problems I see in the forums are from people who haven't bothered to read the manual. Read the instructions and learn about your equipment before you use it and it will be a far more pleasant experience. As for OM4, I just don't see the point. I have no intention of sticking a big magnet on the back of my phone permanently. I guess they are trying to get around the whole balance your phone every time before you use situation. If I had to choose right now, I would still buy the OM3 over the OM4.
It looks like there’s both a removable magnetic phone clamp and the semi-permanently a fixed magnetic ring. I think it’s an upgrade, like you said solves having to balance and calibrate each time you remove the phone. A simple solution to an annoying issue. Granted you could always modify the OM3 to do the same thing.ECB6143E-7D31-4FA1-95AB-946DF35B2C34.png

Active Track 3.0 is a nice addition and a mixture of new intelligent modes is nice. At the end of the day there’s only so much “wow factor” that can put into a $150 entry level stabilizer.

If they want to knock my socks off they could add a forth axis that stabilizes the vertical bounces while walking

I agree. Sometimes I like simple. I use the tripod 80% of the time. I don't do post adjustments to video and I don't want to use the Osmo for high quality shots but my S7 has a decent camera and I like to use it to image aircraft and people at our flying club. Love the time lapse feature for scenic shots.

I just sold my 2 for like 70-80. Put yours back up, someone will come along that wants one.
It is something that I just don’t use all that much, plus it’s big and clunky. The Osmo action has EIS and a lot of dslr/mirrorless cameras have IS lenses and that works good enough for me. If I want any more stabilization I can edit in post!

Reactions: Robyhe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji