DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NOFLY ZONE ISSUE

radiowaves

Reactions
I just received a new Mavic pro that was replaced under the insurance. DJI service was great, turn around a little over a week.
Except for the fact my previous Mavic didn't swim very well it was otherwise pretty nice. Only problem I had with it was the dreadful Geo-fence business. Unlock app DJI GO 4 was a pain to use, always took many tries. I thought that was behind me for this location however when the new Mavic arrived, well here we go again, took several tries entering un lock codef, finally I thought was success but I received a new message "this location can not be unlocked). Two weeks ago old Mavic was unlocking OK. Not sure where to turn for help.
Fred
Lighthouse Point Florida.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for the reply and yes I think your correct. There is a FDC 0/4109 VIP restriction in place. that is a long distance from my location it is for Palm Beach FL. I think due to that DJI has "grounded me" I can't even start my drone indoors, this is absolutely absurd! This is an example of complete "over reach" by big brother (DJI). I have no issue with some sort of a notification. I just lost my drone due to a in water landing which I believe was due to DJI taking control of my Mavic and landing it in the water due to one of these air space issues. All of a sudden I heard an announcement on my app about landing and I could see it right near me, over the water, but could not take control and down it went. I no longer feel safe flying it since control may be taken away from me at any time.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Fred Lighthouse Point, Florida

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000