DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Non dji-propellers

laurent45

Reactions
HI,
As I did not buy the combo, I have just a spare kit of propellers.
I have a quick question : I saw on Ebay a lot of cheap propellers...... but are they safe to use.
Or should I buy them t the DJI store ?
Thanks for your feedback/experience.

Reactions: Rattydude77
One thing to note , its not so much the fit and finish that makes for a good set of props , but more so the weight of all 4 props being the same for a perfect balance, Now with that said DJI has a 0.03 average , where other cheaper brands might have more of a tolerance.

So if you do get an off brand just be sure to weigh each prop to insure a good balance.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

HI,
I have a quick question : I saw on Ebay a lot of cheap propellers...... but are they safe to use.

Buy from the DJI store.

It's generally accepted by pilots that this vital piece of gear (along with OEM batteries) is well worth sticking to OEM.
Heck, most genuine DJI props ARE fairly reasonable in price I have found, more so considering they are keeping a very expensive drone in the sky.

The only after market props I trust are MAS (Master Airscrew), for the stealth mostly, reduced perceived noise benefit, and possibly a miniscule extended flight time is some circumstances.

Last edited:
Most aftermarket props, MAS aside( and even they have problems sometimes), aren't built to anywhere near the level of quality as oem which is why they are so much cheaper. But if you really look at what your costs are, say $20 per set oem( MA2) vs $22 for 2 sets of aftermarket usually, is it really worth risking your $800 drone to save $18. I wouldnt even risk it with my original MM in spite of her not flying much anymore.

Never use non-OEM products.

HI,
I would NEVER use non DJI props! For me cheap in price is cheap in quality and safety!

I have always had very good luck with MSA propellers. I just wanted to try the different colors and it turns out that they have been a good buy in my case. If you want to stay with black then OEM would be what I would stick with,

MAS and DJI for me just remember the prop is what keeps the bird in the air and after 200 good flights no crashes replace them and don't forget to inspect them b4 flight....Happy flying.

Aftermarket props crack easily.

Not sure if this was mentioned already but I have found a huge difference in the durability of aftermarket props.

I bought some of these little guys purely out of vanity. I checked the weights all on a milligram scale. The sets matched fine.
I did notice the aftermarkets were consistently 0.1g lighter than the OEMs. (0.533, OEM: 0.631ish).

The cracks are why I stopped using them. They can be very hard to see. Had one cause a 'prop spinning too fast' ESC warning while I was almost a mile out. Ended up getting back ok, but just not worth the stress ;)

Attachments

• PXL_20210526_205748210.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210526_205748210.PORTRAIT.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member