DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NON-US citizen pilot here flying drone in the US for business, but can't have the part 107.

drakkor

Reactions
Dear fellow pilots,

I have some kind of dilemma that I would love to resolve, and I thought this forum could be a good place to ask advises about it. I am +20 years experienced hobbyist helicopter & drone pilot
and also very knowledgeable of the US laws/regulations and always fly by the book. However, I am not a US-citizen, but would like to fly my drone in the US for commercial purposes now. Unfortunately, when checking the requirement to pass the part 107 to do so, the FAA require me to be a US citizen to register for the test.

Is there any other alternative certificate for non-US citizen I could obtain instead ? Thanks !

Reactions: BigAl07
Good timing on this question ... its a bit a reverse for me. I am a US Citizen and will be heading down to Baja Mexico and had planned to take my Air2S with me. It would be recreational flying only. In reading the FAA Rules for Mexico, as well as a few other reports, it sounds as if there would be a high probability of being stopped at the border crossing if they check my rig and find the Drone. A few other reports said that if I were to get the drone into Mexico, and was caught flying it there they would 'take' or 'destroy' the drone on site .... oo, guess I need to find a local citizen to be my PIC.

If someone has their 107 and wishes to fly in a foreign country, I wonder if there is a 'special allowance' of sorts, given the local FAA rules should be similar if not the same ... ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0