DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob Bay Area Pilot

Bigreddog

Reactions
Just got my first Mavic (or drone for that matter) over the weekend! Looking forward to learning from the group. A couple of things i have to ask:

1. What the the top 3 tips/advice you can give me as a new drone owner
2. What is the best single accessory is must have for newbs (I have the fly more kit already)

Thanks!

BRD

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

What the the top 3 tips/advice you can give me as a new drone owner

What is the best single accessory is must have for newbs
Use this gimbal & cover instead of the gimbal lock & cover that comes with the Mavic. It's easier to use and the tabs won't break off the gimbal cover after a few months of use (the tabs on the OEM cover are pretty flimsy).

If interested, you can find a complete list of my must-have Mavic accessories here.

Last edited:
Read the manual!!!
Before updating to the latest FW, do a test flight w/ the original FW that came w/ the AC/RC, then decide if you want to join the BETA testers club.
Do not forget to remove the camera clamp b4 u power up.

Reactions: Bigreddog
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Just got my first Mavic (or drone for that matter) over the weekend! Looking forward to learning from the group. A couple of things i have to ask:

1. What the the top 3 tips/advice you can give me as a new drone owner
2. What is the best single accessory is must have for newbs (I have the fly more kit already)

Thanks!

BRD
Howdy from Wyoming Bigreddog, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Don't do like I did. Take it to an open field to get the hang of it.

Get a second battery and a case instead of that box. Sucks batteries are expensive but 20 min flight time just isn't enough.

...1. What the the top 3 tips/advice you can give me as a new drone owner
Hi Bigreddog. Welcome!

1) a) Follow the advice above. b) Attach streamers, ribbon, hubcap, or whatever works to the camera clamp so you will notice it when it is attached. That little clear piece of plastic is easy to miss. c) Watch this video

2) Two accessories: ND filters for shooting video and prop guards if you really must fly indoors.

Use this gimbal & cover instead of the gimbal lock & cover that comes with the Mavic. It's easier to use and the tabs won't break off the gimbal cover after a few months of use (the tabs on the OEM cover are pretty flimsy).

If interested, you can find a complete list of my must-have Mavic accessories here.
Just ordered the cover/clamp. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you! This was very helpful.

Download UAV forecast, bay area has many restricted areas to avoid.

Read and watch everything you can.

Fly safe so the hobby flourishes!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada