DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob here buying drone for the first time

FTdrone

Reactions
Hi it’s my first time purchasing a drone.
My attitude - go hard go home

between the pro 2 & the zoom.
Mainly using for a hobby & see if it carry’s potential for me to earn money & selling material. Which I under is need to get the certificates under the drone regulations??
A hobbiest just needs to register correct??

I want it for quality photos & amazing film. So I can use as a foundation for developing my knowledge even further. Thanks guys happy flying

Air 2s does just about everything they do, except side sensors

@FTdrone the need for a PFCO ,now called a GVC under the new regs to enable you to make money from your drone ,is no longer needed ,the whole way drones are classified has been changed to the MTOM ( maximum take off mass ) of the drone ,and the type of flight that is being done ,either the open category ,the specific category ,or certified category if you go on the CAA website all the info is there

@FTdrone just be aware that any drone purchased without the new C rating mark will become a legacy drone after Dec2022 ,apart from the Mini2 and mini1 and then you will be restricted to where you can fly them ,that is why i will not be purchasing a new drone any time soon until the C rated drones become available, at this time there are no drones being sold with the C rating that i know of here in the UK, also you will need to have at least a A2C of C after that date to be able to fly drones heavier than the sub 250 g in the A2 class with the reduced separation distances, otherwise you will have to fly in the A3 open category well away from people buildings and roads

I'm with Old Man Mavic on being cautious about what you buy now because of the new rules. As a US flyer ours aren't the same but similar enough to say that the sub250 category is safest bet right now. Think long and hard before dropping £1300+ on a drone that, from my understanding at least, in the next year or so is going to have major restrictions on it. A Mini2 Fly More at £550 is nowhere near as powerful BUT you aren't as limited by what the government says you aren't allowed to do with it. Think of it as a testbed for whether you want to pursue the hobby and or business opportuny further down the road without the hefty price tag. The Smart Controller, that spec wise is already almost obsolete, alone costs more than the Mini2fmc so if you don't find the potential you're not out something in the neighborhood of £2300 for a M2P Fly More with Smart Controller.

Reactions: old man mavic
Greetings! Thanks for sharing!

@FTdrone just be aware that any drone purchased without the new C rating mark will become a legacy drone after Dec2022 ,apart from the Mini2 and mini1 and then you will be restricted to where you can fly them ,that is why i will not be purchasing a new drone any time soon until the C rated drones become available, at this time there are no drones being sold with the C rating that i know of here in the UK, also you will need to have at least a A2C of C after that date to be able to fly drones heavier than the sub 250 g in the A2 class with the reduced separation distances, otherwise you will have to fly in the A3 open category well away from people buildings and roads
All of this ^ I really wouldn’t buy a drone until one that meets the new regulations is released, except for the Mini2.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio