DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

nOOb in Orlando

jaydee1445

Reactions
I bought a refurbished Mavic 2 Pro to do roof inspections. Slipped and almost ate it on a steep roof last week so I pulled the trigger.
Wife thinks I'm crazy Dropped over $2 k on kit and now it looks like more $$ for 107 and hdw. to run Flight simulator.
I keep saying business expense over and over. o_O
Check out my post about
flight simulator and hardware please

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Those little drones are super fun to fly, but I've never found any that fly anything like a DJI drone. Practicing with an actual DJI drone in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles is no doubt the best/easiest way to learn how to fly a DJI drone (IMHO).

Reactions: Thomas B
I bought a refurbished Mavic 2 Pro to do roof inspections.

Knowing CFL airspace well you're going to have major issues with NFZs. Highly recommend you take a peek at the hack/mods section of the forum on how to remove that handicap. You're a classic case of why hand holding from DJI shouldn't happen.

Reactions: jaydee1445
Agreed, flying a DJI drone is the only way to get to know the DJI drone.
But.... if you're new to drones as the OP is and have no previous experience, then gaining some hands on experience with something this cheap is your first step to overcoming that hurdle and fear to fly. The basic controller functionality (up/down, left/right, forwards/backwards) is the same and teaches you the dexterity required to fly any drone.
I started with a MP and now have a Phantom 4 RTK (that's $10k worth of equipment) and sometimes need to get into tight spaces, honing my control skills on a $30 drone has helped tremendously with eye-hand coordination. Plus flying it is great fun especially chasing squirrels ;)

Jaydee, if you want to meet up somewhere and fly, I'm in Kissimmee/St Cloud. I know of a big open park where you can fly and there are no airspace restrictions:
2001 Macy Island Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34744

Reactions: jaydee1445
I bought a Syma X5C and a 6 battery pack last night to get my feet wet. I guess the priority is to get my 107 so I'm legal and can get nfz permissions.
I'll read up on flight control software options not keen on DJI over reaching on airspace restrictions.

Welcome to the forum :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu