DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob Question!

ob1quixote

Reactions
Been reading more than asking!

That said, I havent seen my question, so here we go!

Should I keep with the DJI Go4 or go quickly to Litchi and learn it instead? I'm thinking I want to learn while using the app that it appears will do what I aim to.
My intent is to get to the level of having the MPP run a planned route, and focusing my controlling the camera

Think my FPV rig will be done after I apply an anti-glare protector to my Samsung 10.1 tablet, got my hobby license and FAA# stickers.
Flights up to now are low level and in/over my yard.

I woukd fly for a while on djigo4 until you are happy with all settings and control features.
Then move to litchi. The learning curve is not too steep once you have some flight time up

Last edited:
Is Warrenty still supported by DJI if using the Litchi app? What about DJI Refresh (which I have on my M2Z)?

Warranty not affected as long as Litchi didn't cause the problem. In a crash though DJI may need your flight log, and I don't think they support using Litchi's logs.

It shouldn't affect refresh at all.

Reactions: apeel
I have and use both apps. I mostly fly with Dji go 4. But use Litchi for waypoints. Litchi is easier to pre plan route. It is always good to have one to fall back on, in case one fails. That said, get to know dji go 4 first and then get to know Litchi so you are at ease if you have to use it in a pinch and not be flustered. I just had to use Litchi when Dji would not let me launch due to being in the flight path of a class g airport. I couldn’t get it to unlock, and the flight time was critical. Looking back now, I believe I didn’t connect my ipad to my iphone hotspot. But I was able to launch and fly with Litchi.

I'd echo what everyone else said: learn the DJIGo app first, then use Litchi.

It's not a bad idea to buy it during the Black Friday sale, though.

There is nothing wrong with using them both every day.. some time with one, some time with the other -- and Litchi has a virtual mission simulator, which you can use to learn a lot before ever uploading an actual mission to the drone.

I prefer DJI Go for general flying, and Litchi for automation.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna