DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob Video questions

maigesheng

Reactions
Hi all. Im new here! Just got my Mavic last week and have been slowly and patiently experimenting. (A week in, I finally go the courage to try out tracking mode lol)

I have been having an issue with video recording that, I would guess is user error.
I click left hand video button and then hit record on my phone. Confirm that it begins recording and then I take off. Fly around for a few minutes getting the MOST AMAZING FILM IN THE HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHY and then come back and land.

When I go to check the film, I have most often found one of two things.
1. Stopped recording immediatly after take off or,
2. started recording immediately after landing.

I have captured 2 or 3 full videos (Okay, okay, I admit. They SUCK) but all other times, the issues above have happened.

I am also curious, can we adjust camera/video settings while in flight? I am very new at this and nervous to practice mid flght operations.
(ITS IN THE AIR!!!!! DONT DO ANYTHING!!!!)

Thanks for any tips and Im sure Ill be back with more questions.

What an amazing drone! I cant contain my excitement. Heading up to Oregon on a week long road trip and cant WAIT to check out some of my favorite outdoor spots with this thing. Technology is #@ing AMAZING!!!

From one noob to another...I think you're overthinking it...just start recording from the controller - don't do anything on your phone. The controller manages the process.

Cheers!

D

Reactions: FastOldGuy
In my experience so far, I have found that the controller just sets it into video/camera mode. I have been unable to actually start a video without hitting the record button on the phone. (But I do tend to overthink things....)

Recording can be initiated from either the phone or the RC. If you started the recording by pressing the record button on the RC that started it - but then tapping it after that on the phone would have stopped it.

Recording can be initiated from either the phone or the RC. If you started the recording by pressing the record button on the RC that started it - but then tapping it after that on the phone would have stopped it.

That must be it. It might have NOT started once or twice, and then I started hitting it on both the controller and app thinking that would fix it.

Stupid question. Thanks for commenting.

That's pry it. You use the RC to START the recording but then hit the button on the phone to STOP recording. I always make it a habit to make sure I see the counter advancing while in flight recording.

Another noob here and I certainly understand the nervousness of flying.

One trick I saw a video on was that when the camera is recording the lights in the front legs are dark. So look for that to confirm if your recording or not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54