DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Northern AZ sunset

Dharris6891

Reactions
The sunset over our new house this evening. I know it's not the greatest photo by any means, but with buying a new house and moving, it's the first time I've flown in MONTHS.

Attachments

• dji_fly_20230422_185830_373_1682215364684_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20230422_185830_373_1682215364684_photo.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 38
The sunset over our new house this evening. I know it's not the greatest photo by any means, but with buying a new house and moving, it's the first time I've flown in MONTHS.
Congrats on the new house- which one is it in the photo? Nice memory for you years later...

• Wow
Reactions: bassnbeau
At the risk of being criticized, I tried to open the shadows of the image. The problem with shooting a landscape facing a bright light source (the sun) is that the sensor will read the light from the sun and under-expose the foreground. Of course you can shoot a bracketed HDR, or you can fix it in the AI powered masking tool of Adobe Camera RAW or Lightroom. Here is the example before and after. I tried to reduce the color noise level also.

Dale
MiamiOriginal.jpgEdited version.jpg

Congrats on the new house- which one is it in the photo? Nice memory for you years later...
Our house is dead center on the bottom.
At the risk of being criticized, I tried to open the shadows of the image. The problem with shooting a landscape facing a bright light source (the sun) is that the sensor will read the light from the sun and under-expose the foreground. Of course you can shoot a bracketed HDR, or you can fix it in the AI powered masking tool of Adobe Camera RAW or Lightroom. Here is the example before and after. I tried to reduce the color noise level also.

Dale
MiamiView attachment 162986View attachment 162987
Agreed, I could have made a lot of changes. From the time of the shot to posting it was only a few minutes and any adjustments were made on my phones native photo editing suite. Your edited version looks great! Thank you for the feedback.

Our house is dead center on the bottom.

Agreed, I could have made a lot of changes. From the time of the shot to posting it was only a few minutes and any adjustments were made on my phones native photo editing suite. Your edited version looks great! Thank you for the feedback.
thank you for not yelling at me

Reactions: Dharris6891
Good morning to all-
to the OP- Is that anywqhere near Falgstaff? I think northern Arizona is one of the best places I've ever vsitied- beaten only by the White Mountains of eastern Arizona- which may very well be the BEST place I've ever visited.

Good photo work- thank you- you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Good morning to all-
to the OP- Is that anywqhere near Falgstaff? I think northern Arizona is one of the best places I've ever vsitied- beaten only by the White Mountains of eastern Arizona- which may very well be the BEST place I've ever visited.

Good photo work- thank you- you all be safe and keep well- Ed
I'm in the White Mountains area. The Flagstaff area is amazing as well. Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000