DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northern Ireland?

Not a N.I. drone flyer but going to be in the area later in June. Is there anything I should do to prepare for flying there? I know the area well...been through several times but any thoughts on good flying spots?

Any N.I. flyers here or just me?
Yes (Bangor). I think there are a couple of other NI members on here too. I've only met one other drone user when out and about. My batteries were done and I was heading back to my car and I met another guy just launching his Mavic so I stopped for a quick chat. The only other drones I've seen have been a toy drone in our town centre park and a Spark following the line of the river in a local linear park mostly used by dog walkers and joggers.

Not a N.I. drone flyer but going to be in the area later in June. Is there anything I should do to prepare for flying there? I know the area well...been through several times but any thoughts on good flying spots?
Plenty of open space to be found depending on where you're staying , but The Mournes, North Coast, beaches and open countryside give you plenty of scope. Just keep your drone with you at all times in case an opportunity arises. Some ideas on Youtube, including examples from places you really shouldn't fly but apply a bit of common sense and you'll be OK. No NI-specific rules as such, other than follow the drone code.

I think we should get some footage of each other sometime..! Maybe when it gets a bit warmer..! Currently shivering INSIDE my house lol...
Youse would love it round here, with the lighthouse n all..

Reactions: SirrRoyston
Yes, Dave from Portadown and my mate Paul. I have a mavic pro and mavic air. I do a lot of flying around Cranfield and flew round the lighthouse ( approx 1 mile ).

Reactions: Dronage
Check out the hive Newry buddy they might have 1
Yes, Hive in Newry is your most likely bet. The lads there (James and Sergiu) are very helpful and if they don't have one they will probably be able to get one for you. They were able to repair my Mavic pro in about 4 days, great considering they had to source parts.

Hi all i have recently bought a Mavic Pro secondhand however i have no charging cable for the controler, has any of you any adea of where to get one locally?
Although it doesnt look it, its a standard micro USB plug so any phone lead will do.

Hi everybody am looking for drone videos of local places are Ballymena and Slemish and Braid Valley and wondering if you consider joining Getty images where they sell photos and videos so I can buy in video app I use you earn an presentage of every video our photos sold if you want details of how to join please reply.
thanks,
harold

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3