DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

desertvet38

Reactions
This giant, "Norwegian Dawn" was moored in Tampa Bay this afternoon, so I had to get my DJI Mavic Pro 2, and head out to get some video of this monster. She's a gorgeous ship, and is sailing under the flag of Bahamas. She is a whopping 1092.51' in length and 125' in width. My wife and I have never been on a Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), yet. We've always gone Carnival, and had a blast. She's moored off the Bay, since some cruise lines have been grounded from sailing. I'm assuming NCL is one of them. Anyways, enjoy...and don't forget to "like", and subscribe if you want. I'm getting pretty active in posting ship videos. Constructive criticism always welcome! :)

This giant, "Norwegian Dawn" was moored in Tampa Bay this afternoon, so I had to get my DJI Mavic Pro 2, and head out to get some video of this monster. She's a gorgeous ship, and is sailing under the flag of Bahamas. She is a whopping 1092.51' in length and 125' in width. My wife and I have never been on a Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), yet. We've always gone Carnival, and had a blast. She's moored off the Bay, since some cruise lines have been grounded from sailing. I'm assuming NCL is one of them. Anyways, enjoy...and don't forget to "like", and subscribe if you want. I'm getting pretty active in posting ship videos. Constructive criticism always welcome! :)

Seriously a legitimate question here, how are you able to fly there as you are less than 2 miles from Peter O Knight airport and about 6 from MacDill Air Force Base. Just asking as I sometimes fish that area and have never thought to take my drone because of the location

Reactions: E90RAW
Amazing!

Reactions: desertvet38
Seriously a legitimate question here, how are you able to fly there as you are less than 2 miles from Peter O Knight airport and about 6 from MacDill Air Force Base. Just asking as I sometimes fish that area and have never thought to take my drone because of the location

She's outside of any of the restricted areas around there.

td4aZj3.png

I know Carnival's vessels are warm-stacked for 30 days, not sure about NCL.

Nice job. And to think that the dawn is considered one of there smaller ships.
[URL[/URL]

Thanks for sharing deservet38.
We've been on the Dawn twice, love the ship and the staff. Norwegian use to be our favorite cruise line but since they started having alcohol packages as a freebie the clientele has changed and bartending service has dropped off considerably.

She's outside of any of the restricted areas around there.

td4aZj3.png

I know Carnival's vessels are warm-stacked for 30 days, not sure about NCL.
Great question! I received a warning when I connected to my MP2, stating that there was controlled airspace nearby, but I was never in any throughout my flight. If I was in violation of trying to take off while in controlled airspace, my controller would have told me "can't take off", and I would not have been able to get off the ground. I was close to controlled airspace, but not IN any. And in that area, there are always ships (not really cruise ships, but more like oil/liquid tankers, general cargo ships, etc...) that you can easily reach from your fishing spot (I know exactly where you are talking about). So, check you Marine Traffic app, and go have fun while there's some ships moored there! :)

we sailed on the Dawn a year ago out of Puerto Rico through the southern Caribbean.....it is a great ship, nice size with only about 2500 passengers. We liked the beverage package (LOL). Staff was terrific!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada