Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a crash... Funny acting MA2

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com
Here's a flight log from my first flight of the day.

Full battery.

Started in N mode.

When I would give full stick forward it would respond as if it was in T mode. For one second it would pitch like it was supposed to, but then level out and fly slowly.

I tried to switch the modes, and in S mode it would act normally. When I switched to N mode, it would act like T mode again.

I figured it was dirty obstacle avoidance sensors on the front of the aircraft, because oh yeah, flying backwards would work fine.

So I landed, cleaned the sensors, took off... Still happening.

So I landed again, did an IMU calibration...

Still happening.

So here's how I fixed it.
Switched from photo mode to video mode...problem solved.

Anybody got any ideas?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-03_[17-31-30].txt
    494.8 KB · Views: 12
As far as I can see the response, i.e. pitch as a function of elevator input, appropriately reflected the flight mode at the time:

View attachment 106856
Why is the pitch in Normal mode spiked?

What I saw on site was that it would pitch forward like it was going to enter Normal mode, but then appear to sense something in front of it and slow down to Tripod mode speed.

By the looks of things in the log (interpreted by me, a much lesser being than you when it comes to this), my Normal mode pitch was lower than my Tripod mode. It is momentarily as it should be, but then for reasons unbeknownst to me, it adjusts and slowly pitches down to normal.

Appreciate the help.

Why is the pitch in Normal mode spiked?

What I saw on site was that it would pitch forward like it was going to enter Normal mode, but then appear to sense something in front of it and slow down to Tripod mode speed.

By the looks of things in the log (interpreted by me, a much lesser being than you when it comes to this), my Normal mode pitch was lower than my Tripod mode. It is momentarily as it should be, but then for reasons unbeknownst to me, it adjusts and slowly pitches down to normal.

Appreciate the help.

You were never in normal mode during that flight.

• Wow
Reactions: itsneedtokno
I've got another log for you to look at, related to this.

I powered down the aircraft, but you will see the switch at some point, of this I am certain. (without input from me, only camera mode change)

Last edited:
If you had spas enabled I’ve seen aircraft act weird especially if you are low to the ground it acts all slow and if you keep pushing the sticks it will start to go faster. I keep all that stuff turned off unless I’m playing around with it. It eill do some unpredictable things sometimes.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I wish I moved around before changing camera mode, but regardless, I'm hoping you see something in this one.

That flight had some normal mode, and hit the 20° pitch limit on full elevator. It hit the 35° pitch limit in sport mode. I'm not seeing any problems.

DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-03_[17-38-58]_pitch.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett