DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not able to download video to iPad or iMovie

AZNewbie

Reactions
Yesterday I was able to download .mov files from my SD card to my iPad via OneDrive. Today I am no longer able to do so. I get an error "Sorry, this type of video cannot be saved on this device." Anyone else have this? What did you do?

Which model of iPad and have you changed the resolution of the video? My iPad Air, for example, couldn't handle 4k but my iPad Pro can.

I am using the latest version of iPad Pro, and I did not do anything to the video other than download it. Interestingly, it appears that the video a shot a week ago with the same drone is recognized by the iPad. I think I shot that in the lower-level 2.7 K or something.

Found the problem. The highest-numerical value 4K format is 4096 X 2160. That one will not work on my iPad. The other formats available will. I shot video with all formats, and the top one was the only one that failed. Of course, that is the one I was using, so I am applying a transcoding program (HandBrake) to my video and I hope it will be usable. Thanks for listening.

Reactions: Mr. Salty

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55