DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not cacheing locally

tacotim

Reactions
Today I flew a mavic 2 pro that was not mine. I flew it twice, once using my own phone a pixel 2XL, and once using my friends phones on both his pixel 3 XL and his pixel 4 XL it would not cache the shots locally on his phone. It works fine with my phone. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? I've double checked all the settings in the DJI go for app and they are all set correctly, we are stumped. On my phone. The dji_record folder stores all the videos. This folder does not exist on my friends 2 phones.

This is a setting! It can be checked or unchecked. It’s the phone that does it. Also, if you buddy does not have room on his stuff and not setup then it won’t record. A 5 minute clip is takes up a **** ton of room in 4K.

This is a setting! It can be checked or unchecked. It’s the phone that does it. Also, if you buddy does not have room on his stuff and not setup then it won’t record. A 5 minute clip is takes up a **** ton of room in 4K.
Yep the "cache locally" setting is turned on, I also set the space useage to 16 GB and there's 80 GB of space available on his phone, so that's not the issue.

could you just clarify that on your friends phones that you have the go4 app installed and signed in to your email address

Reactions: Shivers
could you just clarify that on your friends phones that you have the go4 app installed and signed in to your email address
This was my next thought. But, I was also thinking might be glitch in the app. Maybe reinstall.

have you tried a different cable to the phones ,are you using the bottom USB

Video recording resolution wouldn't matter for the cache. Cache video is either 720 or 1080 depending on radio setting.

Reactions: 4wd
There is a setting where you can cache to an SD card installed on the phone. I doubt that's it though if your friend just installed the app to fly your M2. Even with the cache redirected, the record folder would still exist in internal storage, just no video there.

Today I flew a mavic 2 pro that was not mine. I flew it twice, once using my own phone a pixel 2XL, and once using my friends phones on both his pixel 3 XL and his pixel 4 XL it would not cache the shots locally on his phone. It works fine with my phone. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? I've double checked all the settings in the DJI go for app and they are all set correctly, we are stumped. On my phone. The dji_record folder stores all the videos. This folder does not exist on my friends 2 phones.
I am confused about cacheing! I have set my iPad and phone not to cache since I am trying to conserved memory (storage) and Apple monthly fees. I have over 8 thousand photos and pay $10.00 a month for the rest of my life for existing Apple storage and don't want to incur more. Am I doing the right thing? What do I lose if I check off (do not) cache my flights.

Reactions: old man mavic
I am confused about cacheing! I have set my iPad and phone not to cache since I am trying to conserved memory (storage) and Apple monthly fees. I have over 8 thousand photos and pay $10.00 a month for the rest of my life for existing Apple storage and don't want to incur more. Am I doing the right thing? What do I lose if I check off (do not) cache my flights.
nothing, the info is saved on the memory card in the drone ,and the picture cached to your device is at a lower resolution anyway,i suppose for pics, it could allow you to see what you have just shot ,and then decide if the composition is as you wanted, then you could delete them

Reactions: Thomas B
If you do buy an external drive, buy two and mirror.
Otherwise its not a backup and 1 failure means you lose everything.
Exactly!
I have a 9TB external video storage GE drive in RAID 5 and then a backup drive of 12 TB for restoring if needed.

So my one plus 7 pro was not saving cache either .....what did it was turning developer options on in phone (go to "settings" then "about phone" and finally to "build number" and tap on that 7 times....now dev options is on. Back out go into developer options and scroll down to "usb debugging" turn that on... Ever since i did this I'm getting cache...idk why or how but found this out by luck messing about in dev options.....see if it works?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54