DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not Cool

pmshop

Reactions

unedited video straight from the Mavic Air:

Sent in my new factory refurb Mavic Air direct from DJI with dead pixels when taking video at night.
I got a new one in exchange.
Another dead pixel in a different spot.
Also, the faint white grid all across the video?
With various shades of contrast?
Anyone else see this on their Mavic Air?

Last edited:
As I mentioned in your other thread, my unit also displays one single white dot and a prominent grid when filming in the dark. However, I experimented with the exposure settings and 25fps at 1/50 shutter speed did seem to get rid of both the grid and the spot. So may be not a dead pixel but rather a manifestation of how limited the MA camera is in low light situations.

As I mentioned in your other thread, my unit also displays one single white dot and a prominent grid when filming in the dark. However, I experimented with the exposure settings and 25fps at 1/50 shutter speed did seem to get rid of both the grid and the spot. So may be not a dead pixel but rather a manifestation of how limited the MA camera is in low light situations.

So the Mavic Air camera is more limited in low light than the DJI Spark?
Never see this effect there.
And, 25fps is not an option for my taste.

Last edited:
So the Mavic Air camera is more limited in low light than the DJI Spark?
I don't know, that was pure conjecture on my side. But the white spot on my footage disappeared when i changed frame rate and shutter speed. That tells me it is definitely not a dead pixel.

Reactions: pmshop
I will play around with it but not to be able to use the determined frame rates at night...just is not right...

I will play around with it but not to be able to use the determined frame rates at night...just is not right...
I suggest you do and see if you find a setting that gets rid of the issue. I am also interested to see if others have this issue. You and I have it, you on two different devices now; so odds are this might be far more common if not universal. If the later is the case and you find the device does not meet your specific use case, you should return it and ask for a full refund. In my case, I thought about why I bought the MA and what I want to use it for, night time filming is not in my specific use case scenarios. So I am ok with it.

I suggest you do and see if you find a setting that gets rid of the issue. I am also interested to see if others have this issue. You and I have it, you on two different devices now; so odds are this might be far more common if not universal.

*in two different areas...
Initial issue with the first MA was the lower left and right of center.

Ah yep, visible on that.

My MA didn't exhibit that. It did not either have any stuck pixel, but in low light I'd have random similar pixels popping up for a single frame and disappearing again just about anywhere. Sold it long ago so behavior may have changed with updates.

Reactions: pmshop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60