DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not Enough Force/ESC Error

Passap72

Reactions
I flown last Saturday over Weymouth Bay at altitude of 79.4 meters and my Mavic 2 Pro start auto landing procedure with battery at 60% charge and message (Not Enough Force/ESC Error). Unfortunately, for me I did not get chance to hold him at the air so now is deep under water -474.7 meters.
- Weather was perfect with wind 12.4mph and temperature 24C.
- All flight data look perfect without any warning and transmission issues.

Please can you share your similar experience with your crashes a special related to Auto Landing and Not Enough Force/ESC Error.
This is very danger situation as this could happen any time.
I will loose confident in DJI products.

Fly Safe and Happy.

Last edited:
If you have were/are using an RC1A controller can you upload the DAT log as well, it will be in the MCDatFlightRecords folder. If you were/are using an RC1B you will likely not have either that folder or DAT logs

Oh well we'll just have to wait and see what the gurus make of the txt.
If you down load CSvView and give the txt file to it, it will process the txt file. Once it has finished it will present you with various options in a menu, click on "battery voltage per cell" and you will get a grahical plot of the voltages against time. There are some very sudden troughs evident, I am not sure if that is good.

With only the .TXT log at hand it's hard to come to a definitive conclusion as no sensor or motor data is available in the .TXT log ... but if we start up by looking at the differences between the GPS & IMU velocities which difference should be very close to zero if everything is healthy.

The pink background color tells us that the AC is in P-mode (the white stripes is due to a degrading connection).
All the three green colors says "NotEnoughForce".
The lightest green is P-mode with "NotEnoughForce"
The little darker green is P-mode with "NotEnoughForce" with autolanding.
The darkest green is ATTI mode (Navhealth 0 eventhough 18-21 sats is locked) with "NotEnoughForce".

We see that something happens with the velocity differences 593sec into the flight, major disagreements ... both in north (red) & east (blue) direction, and also in height (purple)

1597077385543.png

Looking into the heights (blue) & descent speed (yellow) reveal some really odd figures ... the flight height is conducted at 79m height when the incident starts, 6sec later the descent speed shows 81m/s (that's 181 mph) & when the log ends the height relative your HP is nearly -475m ... these figures can't be trusted of course.

1597082915704.png

Both the major GPS-IMU velocity differences together with the impossible heights & descent speed & the ending ATTI mode ... together with the jagged look on the graphs when the incident starts give a hint that this most probably is a major system failure from the FC & the IMU. The NotEnoughForce messages was probably not connected directly to the cause for this, instead a FlightController commanding all sorts of revs to the motors. It's pretty clear that this was not a pilot error.

Slup, just to educate me is there any signifcance to the troughs in the battery cell voltage chart?

Slup, just to educate me is there any signifcance to the troughs in the battery cell voltage chart?
The voltage drop that occurs when the NotEnoughForce messages comes is most probably a consequence from a FC going haywire commanding the motors high & low ... overall the cell voltage wasn't down low so it could endanger anything.

1597085763444.png

thanks, would a intermittant dodgy battery connectiion send the FC & IMU bananas, as in make & breaks at vibration frequencies?

Gentlemen,

Thanks very much for your support in this difficult and frustrating case, today I reported this issue to DJI Care and I am looking forward what response I will receive.

Thanks again ??????

Reactions: slup
It might be easier for the OP to follow if he looks at his data here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Looking into the heights (blue) & descent speed (yellow) reveal some really odd figures ...
The descent data is weird with the numbers suggesting the drone was going down, up, down, up although that's not possible, given the speed of descent..
That's something I've not seen previously.
the flight height is conducted at 79m height when the incident starts, 6sec later the descent speed shows 81m/s (that's 181 mph)
& when the log ends the height relative your HP is nearly -475m ... these figures can't be trusted of course.
The drone fell the last 45 metres in 9 seconds.
Actual descent speed was a more believable 9 metres/sec.(approx).
The splash happened at 10:01.8 and all data following that is false, affected by the impact and salt water.
But I can't explain why this data goes for 18 seconds after the drone splashed down.
It should have sunk fairly quickly and data should stop suddenly (unless it's hit something other than seawater?)

As the OP already have the TXT log in Airdata it's similar to click General tab, then Notifications & the big button saying "HD Flight Player" there ... directly in post #5.

1597091282905.png

You then end up with this ... just hit "Play" & the flight with all telemetrics & stick movements are played ...

1597091321454.png

As the OP already have the TXT log in Airdata it's similar to click General tab, then Notifications & the big button saying "HD Flight Player" there ... directly in post #5.
I find it's more helpful to see a whole page of data at a time rather than just a few lines.

Click here & the flight is opened in full view in Airdata ...
Thanks, but no thanks.
I'll stick with Phantomhelp as I only use the main page for a quick overview and read the CSV file for detail, and Airdata's clumsy CSV layout makes it virtually unreadable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242