DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not In Kansas Anymore! Questions from the Heartland

• Thread starter Deleted member 154956
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 154956

After years of crap toy drones, I decided to go for a DJI Air 2S. I got the Fly More package and added two more batteries for a total of 5 batteries. I'm all FAA registered as a Recreational flyer and even splurged for a couple Fire Technologies ARC V strobe lights. I'm curious if there are any recommendations as to the best place to mount these ARC 5 strobes, and I'm wary of blocking sensors, GPS antenna and Remote Control antennas. I am looking at two forward and two rear arm mounts from Aerial-Pixel. Anybody have any experience or advise for these 3D-printed mounts? Also, I'm interested in obtaining a Part 107 Commercial drone license. I've been a licensed private pilot for almost 30 years, so I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for training? I am leaning towards King Schools as John and Martha King have good triaining materials. At least they used to 25 years ago when I not only used their video training series, but I also was employed by them. But there might be some other awesome training syllabus out there that I have not even heard of.

Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. There has been much discussion about the placement of stobes on drones. If you do a search you will locate them. Personally after much trial and error I have come too the conclusion that they are not much use in daylight hours. I’ve watched all the utube videos but I’m (Mod Removed Language)if I can see them out past 300 metres. Hope you get the answers you seek here on the forum, there’s plenty of info available.
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum!. If you've been or are currently a private pilot, you shouldn't have any trouble with the Part 107 test. You're already familiar with sectionals (which is the hardest part for non-aircraft pilots). FAA website has all of the material you should need and there's a YouTube video by Tony Northrup that covers a lot of it fairly quickly.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

After years of crap toy drones, I decided to go for a DJI Air 2S. I got the Fly More package and added two more batteries for a total of 5 batteries.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Strega315.

Cheap drones are easy to crash.
DJI drones are easy to fly.

I'm curious if there are any recommendations as to the best place to mount these ARC 5 strobes, and I'm wary of blocking sensors, GPS antenna and Remote Control antennas. I am looking at two forward and two rear arm mounts from Aerial-Pixel.

Aerial Pixel is the easiest way to mount the ARC V's.

I purchased a four pack of ARC V's (2 white, 1 red, 1 green) and four of the mounts from A-P that mount on the arms.

I think they have a mount for the top as well that fits the ARC V.

The 3-D mounts and strobes have never given any errors.

I did mount a strobe on the bottom of my Spark years ago and the intense strobing caused errors with the bottom sensors. It was a real fun thirty second flight at night.

Good luck and happy shopping.

Welcome to the Forum.

Welcome to the MavicPilots forum…. Enjoy, and happy flying! ??

After years of crap toy drones, I decided to go for a DJI Air 2S. I got the Fly More package and added two more batteries for a total of 5 batteries. I'm all FAA registered as a Recreational flyer and even splurged for a couple Fire Technologies ARC V strobe lights. I'm curious if there are any recommendations as to the best place to mount these ARC 5 strobes, and I'm wary of blocking sensors, GPS antenna and Remote Control antennas. I am looking at two forward and two rear arm mounts from Aerial-Pixel. Anybody have any experience or advise for these 3D-printed mounts? Also, I'm interested in obtaining a Part 107 Commercial drone license. I've been a licensed private pilot for almost 30 years, so I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for training? I am leaning towards King Schools as John and Martha King have good triaining materials. At least they used to 25 years ago when I not only used their video training series, but I also was employed by them. But there might be some other awesome training syllabus out there that I have not even heard of.

I recently passed the Part 107 test and also have a Part 106 certificate, but haven't been current for quite a while. If you're current, you should be in good shape. I used free online study guides and references to prepare. I agree with MavicAir2Marc that Tony & Chelsea Northrup's videos are very good. And the King Schools offer some very good material.

Here are some others that I found useful:
You can also download a copy of the test supplement document that you'll be given by the examiner. It was very helpful to be familiar with it in advance.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Glad you joined us here...I think I remember reading on here that someone who was a current fixed wing pilot found that it was just a matter of filling out forms to get 107 certification.....I don't know if that was confirmed....but if you are current you could easily pass the test with just a review of the Youtube video already mentioned...you would be familiar wih all the test material

Hello from Minnesota and Welcome to the Forum....there's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. For my Commercial license I used Remote Pilot 101 and was very pleased learning through them, passed on first attempt anyways...Thumbswayup...also remember to a fly safe and if there's any second quessing this is a good place to ask your questions !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus